tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    lol, whaty is partion magic??

tralalala

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by tralalala@20 January 2004 - 12:24
    lol, whaty is partion magic??
    errr.......seriously........?
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Damn!

I leave for an hour and I get so many responses!

Thanks for the suggestions.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    if you are using win 2000 or xp with NTFS you can set permission on the forder it self + encrypt. this is much better than using any other program

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@21 January 2004 - 15:56
    if you are using win 2000 or xp with NTFS you can set permission on the forder it self + encrypt. this is much better than using any other program
    This only works with folders under My Documents. Folder Guard can lock and/or hide any folder. This is the hash I used to get it, but that was so long ago I'm not sure if anyone is still sharing it...

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...opic=14258&hl=

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    As mentioned previously, Magic Folders is probably the best 'Folder Lock' program I have used.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by Nightwolf+22 January 2004 - 00:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf @ 22 January 2004 - 00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@21 January 2004 - 15:56
    This only works with folders under My Documents. Folder Guard can lock and/or hide any folder. This is the hash I used to get it, but that was so long ago I&#39;m not sure if anyone is still sharing it...

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...opic=14258&hl= [/b][/quote]
    Hiding a Partition with Partition magic does nothing. Data is still accessible and it will work with any forder on in the computer

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Hmmm.....try the Steganos Safe. It creates up to 4 hidden hard drives up to 4Gigs in size. They are hidden until activated. When you open the safe, you can drag-n-drop like a second hd. All files put in the safe are encrypted. You can veiw, edit, copy and move files from within the safe. The advantage over Partition Magic is 3 fold. 1: It&#39;s easy to set up 2: The data is encypted-no one can open it with out the passkey. 3: You don&#39;t have to reboot to access the drive-just open it and close it when you&#39;re done.

Example: You have a file called Pron.avi on your 40Gig hd. Install the safe. It now shows itself as a 35Gig hd. Put Pron.avi in the safe and close it. Do a search for Pron.avi. No such file found (If you moved it and didn&#39;t copy it).

Better yet, move it with the Eraser. It has a right click extenson called "Secure move with Eraser" that&#39;ll shred the original as it&#39;s being moved. You can get the freeware Eraser here. You can check out the safe here. You can get a cr@{ from astala-land.

Good luck

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    You can also try FOLDER ACCESS PRO

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Ariel_001+21 January 2004 - 21:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ariel_001 @ 21 January 2004 - 21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@22 January 2004 - 00:37
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001
    @21 January 2004 - 15:56

This only works with folders under My Documents. Folder Guard can lock and/or hide any folder. This is the hash I used to get it, but that was so long ago I&#39;m not sure if anyone is still sharing it...

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...opic=14258&hl=
    Hiding a Partition with Partition magic does nothing. Data is still accessible and it will work with any forder on in the computer [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t know you were talking about Partition Magic. I thought you meant simply right-clicking a folder in NTFS and selecting &#39;Sharing and Security&#39;. That can only be used to make a folder under My Documents private.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12