Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cnc Generals Cd1

pearothed2
    ive downloaded this game twice and both times same thing happens to language cab file. no way around it. if someone does have this file. please let me know. im on aol imer or just email me at [email protected]. thanks

2. Games   -   #22
    muaythai
    the cab file IS corrupt on quite a few bin files...even winzip reports an error on the cab file...don't reformat your hdd....

3. Games   -   #23
    it is the sizzle_review.bik which is corrupt.

if you extract the language.cab file to your desktop then open it up and try and extract each file, 1 by 1 from the folder you will notice all will be extracted except the sizzle_review.bik
    well its the only 1 that comes up with an error msg for me n e way.

but there is a language.cab file which is on kazaa now, which is downloaded for me now, just gotta check if replacing it works

4. Games   -   #24
    ok ive now downloaded 2 versions, got the working files out of both cab files and created a new language.cab which it has now got past.
    the file which is corrupt now, is data1.cab lol, but the file which is corrupt in there is music.big which had to be the biggest file.
    well im off to search for that

i will tell u on my results soon

5. Games   -   #25
    I already posted a possible fix for this. First check your images with cdmage....................
    make sure they don't have any errors............................
    fix em if they do. I got my copy from direct connect and it had the same problem and both cd's were good.

The problem extends I believe from the install or disk protection. For some reason this seems to be XP related as the same problem occures on the Iron Storm cd. My reason was that I don't have the service pack installed so my install is out of date.

Solution: copy both cd's to a hard drive folder and don't replace anything. then install from there. Next download the update then grab the cd fix from gamecopyworld or megagames or even gamefix. not sure where I found it.

The game will work fine but no multiplayer. still its cool so before you download this AGAIN try what I suggested as it works if you can correct any errors with cdmage and copy the whole thing to hard drive.
    bottom line is if you can extract the file then the game will install this way.
    Notice even retail users have had the same problem.
    Remember cdmage................

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech....fcGFnZT0x&p_li=

support link above.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123