Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcatel Hack---- True Speed

I found out the other day that there is a hack for alcatel speed touch ADSL modems, It's a software hack that allows you to access pro features and get the BENEFITS from a pro installation..... you ALSO get true ADSL speed..

Have you ever noticed when you START to download something...or start downloading of a good source...the speed spikes and is really fast ...and then drops down to a stable speed, well this is because the caps in the adsl router dont kick in for like 2 seconds...Thats what the hack fixes, you get "true speed"...PRETTY cool....

The link is here ;

http://www.petri.co.il/upgrade_from_home_to_pro.htm

I was wondering if any one has tried it.....if you do decide to try it PLEASE tell us all what happened THANKS ALOT

By the way there are companies that fix alcatel modems cheaply...I'll post a link or tel. number later ... (like $30/£20)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Crap. I used to have Alcatel, but recently switched to 2Wire for networking.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    PCH same thing here

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    sounds like...good link.

thanks

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by johnboy@1 March 2003 - 22:41
    PcH same thing here
    I feel the pain.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    mOoK®
    Your download speed spikes because the file has already begun to download before it displays that it is.

That is all.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Your download speed spikes because the file has already begun to download before it displays that it is.
    This is true for 56k but for adsl/cable the download does spike before it is capped. It is possible to make the connection connect then disconnect (repeatadly) to the download source to acheve very high download speeds.
    I have seen this done and it works

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Does this work on T-Offline boxes as well, mine spikes at 150kbs till it drops to 100kbs

I CANT WAIT FOR MY FRIGGIN 10MBIT BOX

1280 KBS DOWN

:-))))

Sorry for caps but you must feel my pain, stuck with 100kb down and 20 up max

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by frosty@3 March 2003 - 18:21
    This is true for 56k but for adsl/cable the download does spike before it is capped. It is possible to make the connection connect then disconnect (repeatadly) to the download source to acheve very high download speeds.
    I have seen this done and it works
    omg guy! do you have a link or any more information for this? if anyone can give me more info, it would be highly appreciated. [I'm capped at 128kbps and I want more! ]

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 4year_pro_trader@1 March 2003 - 16:19
    By the way there are companies that fix alcatel modems cheaply...I'll post a link or tel. number later ... (like $30/£20)
    Mmmm sounds like someone is trying to get free advertising, or is it just a coincides that your name is ‘4year_pro_trader’

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast