Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: Israeli Ambassador

Poster
    Well said Bic, I agree with your points.

Going to just reply to the parts where putty calls me a liar and let your post stand.

Why do you lie like this? Do you think it helps your cause?

Islamic Jihad militant, Palestinian child killed in Israeli missile strike
    At the time of the original attack, 1 person died (the child) and up to 10 injured (3 critically). The member of Islamic Jihad died after the posting of the story I read, when he was in hospital. So I stand corrected that a terrorist did indeed die. Now, please tell us why it is ok to kill a child (and seriously wound two more, plus 8 adults minimum) in a missile attack on a civilian area? It is against international law as has been pointed out, and does nothing to further peace.

So you contest the numbers I posted? I gave you the fucking link to them!
    No you didn't. I gave the link to the real PalSc fatality figures. It showed 35 for the last three months of 2000 alone.

Hamas wasn't planning an intifadah, it never stopped the first one.
    Hamas has had numerous cease fires during periods of negotiations. The IDF however has never stopped targetting them. It's rather surprising that they do have these ceasefires, but they do none the less. The IDF prefers to continue it's attacks as they have no interest in either a ceasefire or a negiotated settlement. By provoking a response from Hamas in those periods, it entrenches it's position.

Suicide bombings being a right preserved in international law. Oh this I'm gonna need a link to. I can't wait.
    No, the right to resist an occupying army of aggresssion. That includes suicide bombers killing troops or people working with the troops. Btw, speaking of bombs, why do the IDF use public buses to transport troops in uniform? The IDF then cries foul when that bus is bombed. Well duh, get the soldiers of the occupying regime off public buses then. But that wouldn't allow Isreal to broadcast pictures of blown up buses would it? When Hamas attacks a school bus, you will generally find that the IDF has killed palestinian children recently. Does this excuse it? Nope, but it should be a warning to the IDF to behave itself.

With this latest killing of a palestinian child, expect Isreali children to pay a terrible price. Something I condemn of course, but you don't comdemn the IDF doing the same.

It's the PLO site itself. 

I showed you numerous news sources that showed that Israel DID leave Area A
    You chose to use the site to support your case, not me. The page shows 1) that Area A was a ghetto ala' South Africa 2) Isreal never even withdrew fully from the area anyway. Your other links are of IDF army army attacks and make no mention of the settlers that remained or the daily harassment of the civilians by the army and settlers.

It doesn't say that Israel never withdrew completely from Area A. Another lie
    Yes it does, on the map you posted and on the page itself.

I showed you Btselem numbers that demonstrate that the IDF DID NOT target the PA. You think it's true because you say so?
    I showed you the real Btselem page on PalSc losses. Remember, 35 deaths in under 3 months in 2000 alone.

You also said my figure of almost 4500 dead palestinians was wrong. Lets look at Btselem - 3550 up until May 03 from an arbitrary date of 87. This does not include - people who die as a result of IDF delays on medical care, people who have disappeared into Isreali custody and never heard from again (a number in the 1000's itself. Isreal had a Guantanamo long before the US), people dying due to lack of sanitation/water/healthcare due to IDF operations. Btselem also acknowledges that it cannot tally every death as it does not have the resources. So I think somewhere around 4 or 5 thousand is a fair guess.

And again, "Israel never withdrew". Uh huh. Too bad the PLO's own site doesn't back you up.
    Sigh, whatever. Your own link proves otherwise and I can't be bothered to argue whether black is white with someone of your limited faculties.

Excuse me but this is the canton argument
    No it isn't. Do you know what a Canton is? Is a subdivision of the state (for the US think states or counties, in the UK think counties, in Switzerland think ... cantons&#33. The pseudo states set up by SA and proposed by Isreal were meant to be autonomous states, but in reality were ghetto's and dumping grounds that were designed to be a failed system that kept the population in check.

First of all, minus 10 points for the (yet another) use of "South Africa". Ever hear of a straw man argument? 
    I have read the definitions involved in Apartheid, unlike you, and the UN, human rights groups, and nation states all agree that Isreal operates an apartheid.

Now, show me where the ghettos are on that map? Show me how there's no contiguous border. Show me where it is surrounded by Israeli land.
    Try looking at the map you provided. It even states on the map/page that the borders are non-contiguous just in case you are too blind to notice yourself.

SHOW ME ANYTHING!
    I've shown you many things, but you just don't care to listen.

Liar. Show me where I said this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a fucking link. I dare you. Do something because you're looking very very bad.
    That quote is from Venom not you and I accept that. You took over my replies to him and I forgot he ever posted. You both push the same line and I conflated the two of you into one poster. My mistake.

However, will you take this oppertunity to condemn the IDF bombing that killed and injured children this week? If you don't, my point stands and you condone it. So far, despite many chances to condemn the killings, you haven't. Do you condemn the shooting of palestinians (pensioners, children, etc) and call for IDF soldiers to face murder charges? Again, if you don't you condone it.

I am giving you the chance to make an unequivocal statement, don't pass it up or my point still stands.

No. You don't get off that easily. I want everyone here to see how much of a liar you are.
    The liar here is you, as well as the fascist who will not condemn the targetted killings of civilians. Dropping a missile into a heavily populated area to kill one man is targetting civilians.

Even when I did make a mistake (confusing you with Venom), my point still stands as you refuse to condemn killings and gloat over the death of one terrorist while 3 children lie dead or maimed along with up to 10 others seriously injured.

I never even said that I was in favour of targetted killings
    You have never condemned them. Why not? Also they are not "targetted killings", unless you admit they targetted the small child. Otherwise they are not targetted at all and are just large amounts of explosives dropped into a civilian area. In all it's illegal assasinations, the Isreali Air Force has killed more innocent people than terrorists.

But none of it changes the fact that this 1234 person lies and so is not someone to reason with.
    Yawn, whatever. At no point in this debate have you addressed the original points. Water, land, electoral, and human rights. Isreal's use of human shields, the everyday brutality. The legality of the occupation, or anything else. Your posts have been full of irrelavent drivel, while you desperatly try to defend the indefensible.

You are a fine example of why Isreal is doomed unless it's people open their eyes to what is being done in their name. I would rather ascribe a quote to the wrong person by mistake than have your repugnant views. By quite a large margin

Anyway, we are done. Every post of any note is telling you that you are wrong. I will leave it to them to continue to point out your lack of arguments.

To show the lack of historical knowledge and racism you embody, I leave you with this quote -

We were the ones who always had a settlement here and the Arabs were the nomads you tool, Arab immigrates only came here after the Zionists started developing the country in the late 19th century
    Do you agree with this quote?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #132
    If this weren't so sad it would be funny.

I'll once again try and keep this short. I'm not going on to new points until these are settled.

So you contest the numbers I posted? I gave you the fucking link to them!
    No you didn't. I gave the link to the real PalSc fatality figures.
    You're right, I didn't post the link because the site was down. Now that it's back up, are you disputing the numbers I posted? Which of the ones I posted from Btselem are not "real"? They point out that the PA police was not targeted at all.

Again, here is the Btselem number for PA poicemen killed:

1993: 0
    1994: 1
    1995: 4
    1996: 13
    1997: 0
    1998: 0
    1999: 0
    2000: 2

Now's your time to block your ears and just repeat that the IDF did target them.

No, the right to resist an occupying army of aggresssion. That includes suicide bombers killing troops or people working with the troops. Btw, speaking of bombs, why do the IDF use public buses to transport troops in uniform? The IDF then cries foul when that bus is bombed. Well duh, get the soldiers of the occupying regime off public buses then. But that wouldn't allow Isreal to broadcast pictures of blown up buses would it? When Hamas attacks a school bus, you will generally find that the IDF has killed palestinian children recently. Does this excuse it? Nope, but it should be a warning to the IDF to behave itself.
    It's truly scary that you might believe this.

Israel deliberately places troops on public city buses so that civilians will be killed while Hamas is targeting the soldiers.

I've now heard it all.

It doesn't say that Israel never withdrew completely from Area A. Another lie
    Yes it does, on the map you posted and on the page itself.

The page shows 1) that Area A was a ghetto ala' South Africa 2) Isreal never even withdrew fully from the area anyway
    1) You're changing the subject. You were saying that Israel didn't withdraw from Area A, as required. But go ahead, when in doubt just use South Africa as an example.

2) Jesus Murphy. Once again, show me where the map shows that Israel didn't withdraw from Area A. Show me where the link says that Israel didn't withdraw from Area A.

I could've sworn I already asked for this but hey, I'm a patient guy.

Here's the PLO statement on Area A to make it easy for you:

The Oslo Accords represented a triumph for Israel’s long-standing strategy of taking as much Palestinian land as possible with as few Palestinians as possible. The Oslo Accords carved the Occupied West Bank into 3 areas, giving Palestinian full civil and security authority over “Area A”: 17.2% of the Occupied West Bank comprised of 13 non-contiguous reservations (Map: Israeli and Palestinian Security-Controlled Areas). However, Area A contained more than 80% of the Palestinian West Bank population (excluding East Jerusalem). The Oslo Accords therefore allowed Israel to carve away the vast majority of the Palestinian people onto reservations while maintaining effective control over 83% of Occupied West Bank territory. Israel never implemented the Oslo Accords’ obligation for further troop withdrawals.

Now, where in this does it say that Israel did not withdraw from Area A?

Like you say in another thread, I may have to use this as my signature.

Now, show me where the ghettos are on that map? Show me how there's no contiguous border. Show me where it is surrounded by Israeli land.
    Try looking at the map you provided. It even states on the map/page that the borders are non-contiguous just in case you are too blind to notice yourself.
    Too much. Since I'm not sure you understand what the map was I'll explain it. It was the final Taba offer that Barak made to Arafat, that Arafat rejected only to say 18 months later that of course he'd accept it. He's a very reasonable man, afterall. Anyways, the darkest area is Area A & B which the PA already controlled. The lighter grey is what was to join Area A & B to become part of Palestine. The settlements are there for illustration purposes but were to be evacuated.

Get it? Under the Taba offer, there was no non-contiguity. Are you sure you understand? If you're not purposely lying about it and just don't understand, will you stop the misinformation now?

You both push the same line and I conflated the two of you into one poster.
    Wow, even when you admit that you're wrong you manage to insult. I'm impressed. Contrary to what you might think, there are many people who feel that Israel is not evil. If you'd open your eyes and mind, you might just see that.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #133
    BANNED
    Originally posted by putty@12 February 2004 - 15:26

4. The Drawing Room   -   #134
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+12 February 2004 - 08:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 12 February 2004 - 08:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-putty@12 February 2004 - 15:26
    [/b][/quote]
    You mean you haven&#39;t been all along?

Don&#39;t worry, one day those you disagree with will all go away. Just keep doing what you&#39;re doing.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #135
    BANNED
    Originally posted by putty@13 February 2004 - 00:24
    Don&#39;t worry, one day those you disagree with will all go away. Just keep doing what you&#39;re doing.
    Really? You mean all we have to do is ignore you and you&#39;ll go away? You should have told us this before, then we wouldn&#39;t have been bored shitless with your lies and bullshit for the last week or so.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #136
    Sorry for my absence, I&#39;ll prolly not reply in this post again. had a post but a power outage took it. and now i have been Really busy studying, plus I have recently drafted. That&#39;s right, I am now part of the evil Israeli army. ph33r. they teach how to shoot arabs all day and how we should kill them all, it&#39;s really fun

I just wanted to take my hat off for you putty, like I said you truly own me at this and I have learned a lot

until next time

7. The Drawing Room   -   #137
    BANNED
    Yeah, have fun, l look forward to reading your obituary. :

8. The Drawing Room   -   #138
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@14 February 2004 - 07:11
    Yeah, have fun, l look forward to reading your obituary. :
    And you wonder why you get put on moderation?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #139
    BANNED
    ...they teach how to shoot arabs all day and how we should kill them all, it&#39;s really fun
    And he doesn&#39;t?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #140
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I haven&#39;t insinuated myself into this thread for the simple reason that there is no winning of it, but I have two cents to add to what has passed here:

It should be apparent that the combatants (for that is what they are) should re-assess their methodology in partaking in so-called debate.

Both sides should realize there is no common ground to be shared, nor actual argument to be won.

I&#39;ve been hanging out here from the very beginning, and I think I could count on one hand the instances where a mind was actually changed.

This occurs only in instances where the subject matter has quite a bit less "gravity".

In light of this circumstance, I would recommend the respective advocacies adopt a strategy thus:

Realize you will not change the mind(s) of your debate opponent(s). Your fulminations and illuminations should be constructed with a mind toward swaying or convincing or enlightening the reader/follower/occasional contributor of/to the thread.

This is the only headway to be made, truly.

Perhaps then we might once again conduct a constructive discourse which begs a read, rather than the off-putting screeches of outrage, indignity, and insult.

Realize who you are attempting to communicate with; only rarely is it your opponent, and shrillness will not turn the trick, there.

Sorry to be preachy; I know I&#39;ve done a bit of that exercise myself, but I have, of late, been trying a different tack, and I believe this thread is the pudding for my proof.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314