Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Israeli Ambassador

Originally posted by ButWay@21 January 2004 - 04:06
    Mazel was asked to leave Stockholm's Museum of Antiquities Friday after he interfered with an exhibit by Israeli artist Dror Feiler, who has lived in Sweden for 30 years. Entitled Snow White and the Madness of Truth, the exhibit features a photo of 29-year-old Hanadi Jaradat, who killed herself and 19 Israelis at a beachfront restaurant in October.
    Full Story

Any toughs about this?

Personally I think that you could interpreted art in manny different ways, but a picture of a suicide bomber floating in blood well lets just say that I wouldn't see that as a tribute to terrorism.
    and even if that was the case It would fall under the freedom of speech act/law and still be legal if not inappropriate.
    At a Monday meeting with the Swedish foreign ministry, Mazel was unrepentant and said the work was a "call to genocide." He did not apologize and told The Associated Press that he "acted on behalf of my feelings and couldn't have reacted in any other way.  It was my duty to censor that exhibit, since I am a Jew and I therefore have a responsibility to control the media."

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@31 January 2004 - 19:11

At a Monday meeting with the Swedish foreign ministry, Mazel was unrepentant and said the work was a "call to genocide." He did not apologize and told The Associated Press that he "acted on behalf of my feelings and couldn't have reacted in any other way. It was my duty to censor that exhibit, since I am a Jew and I therefore have a responsibility to control the media."
    At a Monday meeting with the Swedish foreign ministry, Mazel was unrepentant and said the work was a "call to genocide." He did not apologize and told The Associated Press that he "acted on behalf of my feelings and couldn't have reacted in any other way.  It was my duty to censor that exhibit, since I am a Jew and I therefore have a responsibility to control the media."
    How cute.

A quick google on this wording turned up one single hit, a Canadian CBC snippet that went like this:

At a Monday meeting with the Swedish foreign ministry, Mazel was unrepentant and said the work was a "call to genocide." He did not apologize and told The Associated Press that he "acted on behalf of my feelings and couldn't have reacted in any other way."

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/stories/quickhits190104.print

You'll notice that last addition about him being a Jew blah blah controlling the media blah blah was not there. It was added either by our Brainiac or by whatever website he took this from and did not provide a link to.

Not surprised.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    lighten up.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@31 January 2004 - 21:11
    lighten up.
    Sorry. Look around the board. Look around other forums. Look around the internet.

A post like yours if meant seriously does not surprise me in the least. There are lots of people who will read it and believe that this is what was said.

What can I say...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    i should hope nobody believes that's a real quote.

here's another one:
    "As you know, I am a Jew, so I am going back to my vault where I control the media." -- Jon Lovitz at the 1995 MTV Movie Awards
    that quote is real. though somehow i doubt the media is actually controlled by the guy who played The Master Thespian.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Poster
    What you're referring to is the bill proposal to allow communities in certain locations to decide if they want to be Jewish only.
    Yep, in contravention of several international laws and a basis for apartheid. See the Group Areas Act in South Africa. The restriction on 93% of Isreali land still stands to this day.

The bill was brought up in response to past decisions that allowed Druse and Bedouin Arabs to restrict their communities to their own kind.
    What a laughable statement. It was brought in to keep the restriction of 93% of the land to Jews. Palestinians are barred from this land solely due to ethnicity.

The cabinet tabled the proposal July 15, when the Labor Party threatened to torpedo it, but not the principle behind it. "We don't in any way discard the idea that Jewish settlement in Israel is a critical component in the realization of the Zionist vision," Sharon spokesperson Raanan Gissin said. Added Communication Minister Reuven Rivlin, "This is the state for the Jewish People, not the state for all its citizens."

Yes, that really fits in with your attempted spin.

Israel has no laws to prevent discrimination in issues of land ownership, leasing, and residency issues as those would get in the way of the plan. The Isreali's use several methods to achieve this apartheid, n East Jerusalem 66% of the land is inaccessable to palestinians because of Israeli zoning, planning and building restrictions (eg 40% is zoned 'Green area&#39. In the West Bank and Gaza, 79% of the land has been designated jews only. That land is not even Isreali to start with.

Show me where these Druse and Bedouin have access to land barred to Isreali's. One thing though, this land had better have decent water supplies and not be a ghetto or an empty patch of the Sinai desert.

Along with this land apartheid, Isreal also enforces aparthid of services - most especially water and health. There are also the issues of freedom of movement and expression. The Isreali govt even tried to ban palestinians from standing in elections, but backed down due to international pressure.

In Gaza where the Arab population outnumbers the approximately 5,000 Jewish settlers by more than 170 to 1, the Israeli government appropriates 10-25% of Gaza water for Jews. When Israel conquered the Golan Heights, they captured the headwaters of the Jordan and secured the greatest part of the flow of the Jordan River. Israel captured the final portion of the Jordan River flow in their 1982 invasion of Lebanon when they included as part of their self-declared "security zone" the Hasbani and Wazzani Rivers which arise in Lebanon and flow into the Jordan. West Bank water makes up 30% of the water in Tel Aviv households. Israel has permitted no new drilling of agricultural wells for water for the Palestinians in the territories and has permitted fewer than a dozen for domestic use. The Israelis charge the Palestinians fees that are three times higher than they charge Israelis for water for domestic use (with even higher relative charges in Gaza). In terms of relative GNP per capita, Palestinians pay a minimum of fifteen times more than Israeli consumers.

I told you there was something more valuable than oil. This pattern is mirrored throughtout the occupied territories and in Isreal itself and is a form of apartheid.

If you continue in your defence of the indefensible, I will move on to healthcare and human shields. After that, there is the right of free movement. After that, well lets just say it's a long list.

Israeli High Court Ruling on the Katzir case (that liars use to associate Israel with apartheid).
    I already quoted the case, and Katzir's refusal to implement the decision. No pressure was brought on them to comply and the Isreali cabinet endorsed their position. Using a decision showing apartheid to defend your case that there is no apartheid would be humourous if the stakes were not so high for real people.

So why can't you do it? 
    People in the this thread have already made a prima facie case (Eisner et al). I just said it would be difficult to prove. My own interpretation is not so dramatic as that though. It is just a case of rich individuals pushing their own agenda. That applies to jews, christians, multinationals, whoever. The Jewish lobby in the US is extremely well funded and organised, and lobbies both broadcasters and politicians. No different from the Christian one.

Once again, money buys influence and power and tramples on human rights.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Are you now going to start arguing that the Greene family aren't Jewish?
    Originally posted by putty
    You were supposed to provide a link attesting to their Jewishness
    A simple 'yes' would have sufficed

You have not proved anything, you have simply denied everything. The starting point of this discussion was whether the media is pro-Israel. You've admitted that Rupert Murdoch is a Zionist, so I'm glad to see that we can at least agree on the fundamental point here.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    1234, your cut & paste efforts are truly laughable.

You even had the nerve to plagiarize from this site ( http://www.networkideas.org/themes/privati...18_Ramallah.htm ) and change some words to make it worse.

Your words:

Israel has permitted no new drilling of agricultural wells for water for the Palestinians in the territories and has permitted fewer than a dozen for domestic use.

The website whose words you plagiarized:

Israel has rarely permitted any new drilling of agricultural wells for water for the Palestinians in the territories and has permitted fewer than a dozen for domestic use.

1234, you're a loser who deserves no further response. You have been shown to make up your own facts and arguing with someone like you will serve no purpose.

Even though your post above contains a sprinkiling of facts, everything is taken way out of context and the rest of your post is completely fabricated.

We all now see why you never post links.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Originally posted by leftism+1 February 2004 - 03:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism @ 1 February 2004 - 03:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Are you now going to start arguing that the Greene family aren&#39;t Jewish?
    <!--QuoteBegin-putty

You were supposed to provide a link attesting to their Jewishness
    A simple &#39;yes&#39; would have sufficed

You have not proved anything, you have simply denied everything. The starting point of this discussion was whether the media is pro-Israel. You&#39;ve admitted that Rupert Murdoch is a Zionist, so I&#39;m glad to see that we can at least agree on the fundamental point here. [/b][/quote]
    Lefty buddy, I&#39;d like to ask where you heard that Murdoch was Jewish? Why did you believe it? Why did you not research it yourself to find the truth? Why so eager to believe the worst about Jews?

Now that you see that the places you get your info from lie to you, will you question the rest of what they tell you as well?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    FatBastard
    @ Putty, maybe you should do some checking before you accuse people of changing things.

Israel has permitted no new drilling of agricultural wells for water for the Palestinians in the territories and has permitted fewer than a dozen for domestic use. Moreover, the Israelis charge the Palestinians fees that are three times higher than they charge Israelis for water for domestic use (with even higher relative charges in Gaza).
    Source.

You could have checked this yourself, although l don&#39;t think that would have fitted in with your agenda. l can see we are going to have to check and double check everything you post from now on.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast