Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R&b A Part Of Hiphop ?

Originally posted by god&#045;of&#045;rock+24 January 2004 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (god-of-rock @ 24 January 2004 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-god&#045;of&#045;rock@24 January 2004 - 12:20
    why does all theese rappers have to put their own name in the lyric, is that because all of that shit sounds the same, so ppl have to know wich artist they are listening to?
    does anyone know? [/b][/quote]
    if that&#39;s the case some death metal and punk bands ought to take a que and start doing that because many of those groups including goth and industrial for that matter sound the same. anyway bragging about yourself in ryhme has been apart of rap so you&#39;re the product and you say your name so people know who you are.
    just like a commercial is about a product it&#39;s not going to never mention it&#39;s own name.

anyway r & b is definately it&#39;s own genre and not apart of hip hop. but since around 92 - 93 with mary j blige&#39;s collaboration with grand puba on what&#39;s the 411,
    r &#39;n&#39; b artist have been been having rappers kick a verse on their songs or do the chorus or just plain sing over hip hop beats. they are still separate genres, not one being a sub genre of the other. asides of course hip hop being a culture.

good point on icp. i&#39;m willing to say they are rap but not really hip hop. but the flys incubus, slipknot, limp bizkit, linkin park etc definately aren&#39;t hip hop.

2. Music   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by god&#045;of&#045;rock+24 January 2004 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (god-of-rock @ 24 January 2004 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-god&#045;of&#045;rock@24 January 2004 - 12:20
    why does all theese rappers have to put their own name in the lyric, is that because all of that shit sounds the same, so ppl have to know wich artist they are listening to?
    does anyone know? [/b][/quote]
    Because we are self-promoting and have high egos. When you repeat our words you say our name. The same goes to why clothes designers put there name all over there clothes.
    Are any of you from America?
    Just curious.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Music   -   #23
    Originally posted by Busyman+27 January 2004 - 05:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 27 January 2004 - 05:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by god&#045;of&#045;rock@24 January 2004 - 22:41
    <!--QuoteBegin-god&#045;of&#045;rock
    @24 January 2004 - 12:20

does anyone know?
    Because we are self-promoting and have high egos. When you repeat our words you say our name. The same goes to why clothes designers put there name all over there clothes.
    Are any of you from America?
    Just curious. [/b][/quote]
    yea its kind of like marketing yourself by saying your name alot so you can bring in big bucks, Im from America

4. Music   -   #24
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Im not from America.
    I find it a tad Silly anyone repeating Him/Herself in a song, (one or few words, over and over again)
    in fact, i find repeating rather irritating on Any Type of music,
    not just vocals but anything in a song that just doesnt go anywhere abd keeps
    kicking the same ruff. It is musically very poor.

I dunno why but thats the way it is, for me.

Spoiler: Show

5. Music   -   #25
    Originally posted by slick nick@26 January 2004 - 16:28
    if that&#39;s the case some death metal and punk bands ought to take a que and start doing that
    it&#39;s already been done.

An&#39; I wanna move the town to the Clash City Rockers
    You need a little jump of electrical shockers
    You better leave town if you only wanna knock us
    Nothing stands the pressure of the Clash City Rockers
    Rock rock Clash City Rockers
    This is Radio Clash on pirate satellite
    This is not Free Europe nor an armed force network
    This is Radio Clash using audio ammunition
    This is Radio Clash, can we get that world to listen?
    This is Radio Clash using aural ammunition
    This is Radio Clash, can we get that world to listen?
    Orbiting your living room, cashing in the bill of rights
    This is Radio Clash, everybody hold on tight
    We ain&#39;t gonna be treated like trash
    We got one thing
    We are the Clash
    That&#39;s right
    We are the Clash
    It&#39;s like a patch
    You can strike that match

6. Music   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Guitar&#045;Slinger@27 January 2004 - 10:55
    Im not from America.
    I find it a tad Silly anyone repeating Him/Herself in a song, (one or few words, over and over again)
    in fact, i find repeating rather irritating on Any Type of music,
    not just vocals but anything in a song that just doesnt go anywhere abd keeps
    kicking the same ruff. It is musically very poor.

I dunno why but thats the way it is, for me.

Then Hip-Hop is not for you my friend.

It is kicking ass on the charts though.
    The biggest musical genre in America.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Music   -   #27
    lol, Busyman. nice signature pic. dave chappelle is friggin&#39; hilarious. i didn&#39;t see it till i checked your profile &#39;cos i have sigs disabled.

8. Music   -   #28
    good one 3rainiac. i was thinking more along the lines of simple plan and new found glory but damn that was funny&#33;

btw i&#39;m from america as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123