Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R&b A Part Of Hiphop ?

god-of-rock's Avatar God of Rock
    I thought R & B was short for Rythm and Blues....

another question is: why does all theese rappers have to put their own name in the lyric, is that because all of that shit sounds the same, so ppl have to know wich artist they are listening to?

2. Music   -   #12
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by god-of-rock@24 January 2004 - 14:20
    another question is: why does all theese rappers have to put their own name in the lyric, is that because all of that shit sounds the same, so ppl have to know wich artist they are listening to?
    Good point...

However, i dont know the answer.

Spoiler: Show

3. Music   -   #13
    Rhythum and Blues is not a part of Hip Hop.

Hip Hop is a lifestyle and stands for more than just a mere genre.

4. Music   -   #14
    R & B is pop + hip hop . Taking all the good things from both genres,

I personally like it, R & B singers have 500x more talent than britney nsync pink etc.... who are just garbage

5. Music   -   #15
    Originally posted by chitowng09@24 January 2004 - 15:28
    R & B is pop + hip hop .
    then what does the R and the B stand for?

6. Music   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by god&#045;of&#045;rock+24 January 2004 - 16:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (god-of-rock @ 24 January 2004 - 16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chitowng09@24 January 2004 - 15:28
    R & B is pop + hip hop .
    then what does the R and the B stand for? [/b][/quote]
    Rhythm and Blues
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Music   -   #17
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    R&B:

Evolving out of jump blues in the late &#39;40s, R&B laid the groundwork for rock & roll. R&B kept the tempo and the drive of jump blues, but its instrumentation was sparer and the emphasis was on the song, not improvisation. It was blues chord changes played with an insistent backbeat. During the &#39;50s, R&B was dominated by vocalists like Ray Charles and Ruth Brown, as well as vocal groups like the Drifters and the Coasters. Eventually, R&B metamorphosed into soul, which was funkier and looser than the pile-driving rhythms of R&B.

Hip-Hop:

In the terminology of rap music, Hip-Hop usually refers to the culture — graffiti-spraying, breakdancing, and turntablism in addition to rapping itself — surrounding the music. As a style however, hip-hop refers to music created with those values in mind. Once rap had been around long enough to actually have a history, hip-hop groups began looking back to old-school figures including MCs like Kurtis Blow and Whodini, and DJs like Grandmaster Flash and Afrika Bambaataa. In fact, the latter&#39;s Zulu Nation collective sprang up in the late &#39;80s around two of the most notable hip-hop artists, De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest. With rap music&#39;s mainstream breakout during the &#39;90s, dozens of hip-hop artists pointed the way back to the old school, including underground rappers like Mos Def and Pharoahe Monch.

Taken from the Music Bible.End of Discussion&#33;

8. Music   -   #18
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    YaY

Why didnt i think of that. Teh Bibleh.
    Should i close the topic now ?

Nah, let the Kids, i mean People argue, i mean Debate over some more...
    ..oh well...

Cheers:
    Spoiler: Show

9. Music   -   #19
    Originally posted by god&#045;of&#045;rock@24 January 2004 - 12:20
    why does all theese rappers have to put their own name in the lyric, is that because all of that shit sounds the same, so ppl have to know wich artist they are listening to?
    does anyone know?

10. Music   -   #20
    I think hip hop influences R&B just like R&B influences hip hop. There are alot of collaborations where rappers have a R&B performer sing the hook to their song, or a singer will have a rapper to a verse at the end of their song. The problem is when singers try to rap or rappers try to sing. See Ja Rule.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast