Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Was Wondering ..............

Poster
    Originally posted by scribblec@21 January 2004 - 17:42
    whats the prob?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=95296

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    have u tried actually going into the bin and deleting file by file so u dont have to use pretty much all your resources deleting them at once? or how about putting some things in there back on desktop then deleting them bit by bit? or mayb if the problem just developed doing a system restore? if noone of them work then i guess im no help

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by scribblec@21 January 2004 - 17:46
    have u tried actually going into the bin and deleting file by file so u dont have to use pretty much all your resources deleting them at once? or how about putting some things in there back on desktop then deleting them bit by bit? or mayb if the problem just developed doing a system restore? if noone of them work then i guess im no help
    problem's fixed now, it was a stupid error on my part

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...=0&#entry825984
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    If an update does not pertain to what you have, don't get it. I despise that messenger so i removed it and avoid the updates for it. Just review what the updates does before accepting.............btw, moving to softwareworld. B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@21 January 2004 - 12:55
    If an update does not pertain to what you have, don't get it. I despise that messenger so i removed it and avoid the updates for it. Just review what the updates does before accepting.............btw, moving to softwareworld. B)
    A bit similar to when people go to the windows update site. They seem to think they need to download and install every update just because its there does not mean you need it.

Although for most its not their fault if they dont know. Microsoft should be a little more descriptive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    So far as Microsoft security updates then I would say "yes" you definitely need them. Do not ask for details such as why because, IMO, many pertain to the recent slew of holes and imbedded flaws riddled in XP, windows media player, outlook and internet explorer. So unless you wish to become more susceptible to internet attacks than the majority of us are then I would just leave well enough alone and learn that Microsoft updates come in three different flavors:

-critical updates (these you need and should download for sure, IMO)

-windows updates (pick and choose from this group because there is alot of worthless crap in here)

-driver updates (good to download for yuks and giggles however you will often find better at the manufacturer's site)

If viewing them gets on your nerves that badly then there is a tweak that will remove that portion from the "add or remove programs" applet.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_hotfix_backup.htm

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Izagaia@21 January 2004 - 15:43
    So far as Microsoft security updates then I would say "yes" you definitely need them. Do not ask for details such as why because, IMO, many pertain to the recent slew of holes and imbedded flaws riddled in XP, windows media player, outlook and internet explorer. So unless you wish to become more susceptible to internet attacks than the majority of us are then I would just leave well enough alone and learn that Microsoft updates come in three different flavors:

-critical updates (these you need and should download for sure, IMO)

-windows updates (pick and choose from this group because there is alot of worthless crap in here)

-driver updates (good to download for yuks and giggles however you will often find better at the manufacturer's site)

If viewing them gets on your nerves that badly then there is a tweak that will remove that portion from the "add or remove programs" applet.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_hotfix_backup.htm
    Thanks for that input Izagaia.

Yes, I must say that critical updates are a must.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12