Thread: I Have A Big Time Probelm

I download this program called "Steam" thinking it was need for speed underground and now I can't delete it. It's taking up almost 2 gigs of my hard drive, can someone telll me how to delete it?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Do you get a message like"this file can't be moved because it's being used by someone else or a program"?If so,disconnect from the internet and try again.
    If that don't work reboot your computer and try again.
    I fthat don't work,download this..Right click and "save as",after that click it and choose "install".
    I used this to remove a moviefile from my computer.It's an avi-fix but maybe it will work for you too.I never had any problems removing files after I installed this fix.I hope it works for you too.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hmmm........We could use some more info. What OS? WIn9x, 2000, XP, XPPro, what? What message is the OS giving you. Program in use, cannot delete....?

Hard to be specific.

1st try SteamPowered.com. Find out all you can. "Almost 2 gigs" sounds waaaay to big. Browse to the folder in question and take a look. There must be an ass load of games in there. This is a game service for online games, but it shouldn't be any where near 2 gigs. 30 or 40 Megs maybe, but not almost 2 gigs.
    Also, it should have an un-installer. Try the uninstaller app built into windows. It should even have a un-installer in the list in program files for the app itself.

AS A LAST RESORT ONLY!
    You might try it through DOS. Get the path to the folder in question, write it down. It should be something like C:\Quake3

The command in this instance would be
    cd&#092;Quake3 cd= Change Directory You should see --&#62; C:&#092;Quake3 <-- then type --&#62; DELTREE C:&#092;QUAKE3 <-- (There is a space between deltree and the C:&#092 DOS will ask if you are sure. Be sure. If you are, hit the <Y> button and it&#39;s done. Just substitute the Quake3 directory for the one you want to delete.

Remember to be sure. DELTREE is VERY dangerous to use. It will delete not only the folder but all subfolders and files therein&#33;&#33; You&#39;ll also have to hack the registry to remove any instances of the app in question. NOrton System Works 03 or 04s windoctor will scan the registry for bad links. There are also plenty of un-installer apps at cnet downloads or you can do it manually.

If this is a bit much, post back with more specific info and we&#39;ll try again.

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by chitowng09@21 January 2004 - 19:33
    I download this program called "Steam" thinking it was need for speed underground and now I can&#39;t delete it. It&#39;s taking up almost 2 gigs of my hard drive, can someone telll me how to delete it?
    welll more info please, you can&#39;t uninstall it from controll panel??