Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can The Riaa Sue Klite Users?

EpRiDaZ
    I just read the news and it says they are sueing more people more than the last. Is it possible for them to sue us because on klite we have the option to turn off them being able to view what files we are sharing so with this they wouldnt be able to see what we are sharing. So then they cant sue us for trying to download one file off of us and not being able to see the rest right?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    RIAA can't sue you for using k-lite.
    They can only sue you for downloading or uploading musicfiles.
    And they won't come after you if your only sharing some files.
    You should only worry if your sharing a whole lot of files(hundreds,if not thousands of files)And only if you live in America.
    And from what I've heard they focus only on the poeple offering the files and not so much on the people that download them.
    So don't worry about it too much.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    Wrong...

Was reading the RIAA website concerning this latest issue, and they are using your IP address to find you. Once they have your IP address, then they'll find your Internet Service Provider (ISP), then you. But it looks like it might be a month before we learn of anything.

Everytime you turn on any file sharing program, or accessing a web site, your sending your IP address across the internet.

Now if we were to find a program to stealth our IP address...then maybe we'd be safe.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Not Only In America!!!

The IRMA ( International Recording Media Association) is helping the RIAA in Europe and other countries find and prosecute sharers of large amounts of Illegal Music Files (1000+)

Again...need to find a program that blocks our IP address.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    *deleted Post*

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by UcanRock2@22 January 2004 - 18:28
    Again...need to find a program that blocks our IP address.

There are numerous ways to surf the internet in stealth mode.
    Proxy servers for instance.Haven't used it myself so I'm not sure how it works but there are deffenitly ways to hide your ip on the internet.

And the sig your showing me only displays the info to me.
    There's no way you or anybody else can get my ip,provider and browser trough that kind of sigs.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    *deleted post*

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ~FunK_mOb~,22 January 2004 - 18:09

There's no way you or anybody else can get my ip,provider and browser.[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]

Wanna bet...

I don't have the necessary equipment, but the RIAA, IRMA & the MPAA all do.
    And I know that sig can't know all that info...it's just there...because

Sincerly...UcanRock2

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    wasn't there a court ruling that the riaa cant subpoena ISPs anymore? so even if they get your IP, they cant do anything about it?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Yes they can sue you.

If they can provide proof that you are stealing from them or providing their material to other people then they can get compensation from you.

The tricky bit is in getting the proof in the first place. More importantly getting it in a way which can be used in court.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast