Thread: Nero6.3.0.2

Poster
    when i burn a cd, nero only has Image recorder and not my burner in the drive to be burned in. i have no idea what to do. The burner i have is Hp Cd-Writer 8200 Series can someone please help me!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Originally posted by fcno@23 January 2004 - 06:32
    when i burn a cd, nero only has Image recorder and not my burner in the drive to be burned in. i have no idea what to do. The burner i have is Hp Cd-Writer 8200 Series can someone please help me!
    Hello!

I will try to post as much information as possible and mayby you will find some clues in the information provided below!.

This information is from Nero's help files:

Please initially check if in CD recorder->CD recorder selection of the CD Writer has been selected. If the CD Writer is not selectable, then it is possible that your Nero version does not recognize your CD Writer . The function CD-Recorder->Autodetect CD-ROM... is only meant for CD-ROM drives.
    Please upgrade to the most up-to-date version of Nero and check if your CD Writer is included in the list of CD burners which are currently supported. If your CD Writer is not in this list, then your CD Writer is either not supported yet or it will probalby not be supported at all any more. On this, see
    List of the supported CD Writer: http://www.ahead.de/en/recorder.htm
    CD burners that are not supported.
    If you are using a Yamaha 4416S and you have connected the burner to the Narrow Bus of an Ultra2 or Wide capable SCSI hostadapter.
    Please firmware of the burner to be updated to firmware 1.0g or newer.

If you are using a Philips CDD3610 / HP 7100, then you should update to the newest firmware (at least 2.02).
    If you have a burner connected to a parallel port (printer port) and the device is not recognized, then it is usually caused by one of the following:
    The parallel port has not has an IRQ allocated or the IRQ has been allocated more than once
    The mainboard is using a non-standardized transfer protocol. As a general rule EPP should be used (can be set in the BIOS of the computer).
    The device should be connected directly to the parallel port and not via a printer.
    Please check if the existence of a connected printer prevents recognition.

If the CD Writer still can not be found then please look under no. 2 in problems in recognizing the CD-ROM drive as the non recognition of CD-ROM drives or CD burners are no different from this point on.

In general:

Initially please check if Nero already knows the CD-ROM drive. You can find this out by checking if the menu entry CD-Recorder->Autodetect CD-ROM... is selectable. If this menu item is selectable, then please have the CD-ROM drive detected. to do this you either need the Nero-CD or you download the compressed image of the test CD from the ahead WebSite.
    If you are using Windows 2000: The current Nero version does not yet support Windows 2000.

If you are working with Windows 95/98:

If the device not found is a device with an IDE connection.
    IDE in Windows 95/98
    Windows 95/98 in general
    IDE in general

IF the device not found is a device with SCSI-connection.
    SCSI in Windows 95/98
    Windows 95/98 in general
    SCSI in general
    If you are working in Windows NT:

If the device not found is a device with an IDE connection.
    IDE in Windows NT
    Windows NT in general
    IDE in general

IF the device not found is a device with SCSI-connection.
    SCSI in Windows NT
    Windows NT in general
    SCSI in general

The CD-ROM drive or the burner is not recognized until the warm start.
    Presumably a quantum harddisk is connected in the system. These harddisks need a relatively large amount of power when starting up. No remedy is known.

It is possible that a virus is active. Bootsector viruses in particular can cause a drive not to be recognized.
    Please check your system for viruses with up-to-date antivirus software and remove these.

Please check if the WinASPI driver layer is installed correctly. To do so, download the following program: ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/pub/BBS/win95/aspichk.exe
    Sometimes the drivers of scanner software overwrite the WinASPI drivers. An update to the WinASPI drivers by Adaptec would help if there is an Adaptec SCSI-Controller in the system.
    If you use an Adaptec SCSI hostadapter, then you can download the drivers from the following address: ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/pub/BBS/win95/aspi32.exe

Otherwise please install the original Windows 95 ASPI driver.

Sometimes scanner programs cause problems in particular if there is more than one host adapter in the system. Please download and install the newest drivers for your scanner. For example old driver versions of some HP scanners (e.g.: 5100C at the parallel port) prevent drives being recognized.
    Some programs overwrite DLL files so that Nero can not find a drive. e.g.: Whereisit.
    If CD-ROM drive which is not found is connected to an NT computer contacted via the network, then presumably access to the CD-ROM drive has been blocked for all users apart from the user currently logged onto the NT computer.
    On this, read the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/q172/5/20.asp (Access Denied Error When Trying to Access a Shared CD-ROM).

Alot of info I know but hey to much info is better then to little!

Basically I would first check by running any antivirus software to see if some virus is active in the system that disables access to the CD Drive. Then I would check the rest!. Also make sure that the unit is activated by highlighting it in My Computer and then right click it and select Properties then click the hardware tab and selct your burning drive from the list and then click the Properties button and here make sure that the unit is active and not deactivated if it was deactivated then just activate it again and click ok then shut down all open apps and restart the computer. Hopefully it will work now.

If not then it might be a hardware problem and you should check the IDE and powercable and see if it is not broken if it not then the drive itself might be broken and needs to be replaced.

Another thing that you might try is to first burn the content to an Image on the HD as you are able to do now and then right cklick the image and from the contextual menu select to send it to the burner to be burned and see if that will work!.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    fcno My daughter has this cdr hp 8200 plus tho . We had a few problems under xp pro
    with nero too. Always reinstalling nero it keep freezing. Found this site helpfull hope you do as well.

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtm...e=lpg40322.html