Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Micheal Jackson

TRshady
    yeah, but do you listen to rap???????

2. Music   -   #22
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Rappers say "Nigga".
    The PC term in this case would be "black person", I suppose. ?

3. Music   -   #23
    Poster
    Vinkhuizen, Groningen, Nederland (the Netherlands)
    i'm very sorry... i didn't mean it that way...

and yes i listen to rap sometimes... like lose yourself... is great

4. Music   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ron@2 March 2003 - 15:41
    Rappers say "Nigga".
    The PC term in this case would be "black person", I suppose. ?
    As I understand it they took a word that was deeply offensive to them. Changed it into a word which they use towards each other. Thus they took all the negative power away from the original word.

I am not being PC in objecting to that word. PC has the connotation of being overly sensitive.

5. Music   -   #25
    TRshady
    I was brought up to say 'coloured person' because saying 'black person' was rude. Anyway, lets get back to the topic.

6. Music   -   #26
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    MY GOD PEOPLE, HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT.

First of all. EMINEM IS NOTHING!!!!!!! All his songs are the same. "The media hates me, but people think I'm god, listen to me whine" or "Brittney spears is a slut, Bill clinton sucks, Bush sucks, I hate everybody" Granted, his songs are entertaining, but he will have to perform for the rest of his life to stay popular, His songs all have to do with what is going on in the news and the media, if he slacks off, he's gone.

(He does have a few songs that may stick around a while, like: "Blue, Yellow, Purple pills" "Stan (the letter)" and that mushroom song. (I never meant to give you mushrooms girl, I never meant to bring you to my world))

Now for Michael.

1. He is one of the greatest artists of all time. Granted it is in a Genre that many do not like, but the fact is he is still INCREDIBLY talanted.

2. Jackson, does have mental problems, but NOBODY has the right to judge him unless you lived the same life as him. He had no childhood and an abusive dad. Now he's a millionare, what do you think he is going to do? He's going to try to get that back. So If Jackson was a child and he was doing everything he is doing now, (except the surgery), It wouldn't be that wierd. Kids have sleepovers all the time, well, now that Jackson can has a chance to also. He is a kind man, who loves children. If parents allow there children to sleep in the same bed as him, WHO CARES!!!!!! IT IS NOT ANYONE ELSE'S PROBLEM EXCEPT FOR THE PARENT'S!!!!!!!

3. He got burned very badly on his face.....he needed plastic surgery, he broke his nose....he need plastic surgery. I believe that he has had more plastic surgeries than this, but no as many as the 'professionals' say. People look different angles. If you watch his music videos, he doesn't change much after he turns white. There is jump in his last video, and that's it.

4. He has a disease that makes sections of his skin unable to carry pigmantation, it got so bad, that rather than cover the white with black make-up, it was easier to cover the black with white make up. And yes, he probably did end up doing something to make all his skin white so that he wouldn't have to go through all the work to cover it up. And for those of you who don't believe that this disease exists, or think that it is too rare for him to have. I have it, my cousin has it, my friends dad has it, my piano teacher had it. It isn't that rare.

(personally, I like him, I Idoled him as a child, and I have a new found respect for him as an adult)
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

7. Music   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by johnnytightlips2@2 March 2003 - 01:25
    who likes micheal jackson and dont tell me u hate him cuz he "tried to throw his own son off the building". who ever likes him can reply and talk about him here. he is the king of pop.
    DF

The question was who likes him. I fully appreciate that you see him as a talented person, I don't. I think his music (which all sounds the same to me) is mass produced, over-hyped, lowest common denominator pap.

However in relation to the original question. I don't like him. I don't like the way he behaves, what a role model for youngsters. I don't like the way he treats his own children, like accessories. Whether you like to accept it or not he did hang a young baby over a balcony, what was that all about. I don't like the multi million dollar out of court settlements. His whole lifestyle is an affront.

I hear what you say about his background. That is true of a huge number of people, who go on to be productive members of society. It is also true of people who become murderers and abusers. That is just an excuse for his behaviour. I think they call it transference. Nothing I do is my fault, because people were cruel to me. Sorry, at some stage you have to accept responsibility for your own action. If anyone can afford therapy he can. Think of the millions of others who go through the same as he did and much worse, who just have to live with the scars, physical and mental.

I couldn't care less about the plastic surgery and skin bleaching. It's his body, he can do what he wants with it.

I am entirely comfortable judging people without having lived their life. Otherwise out juries would have to be full of people from deprived background.

One last thing, you earn respect. Even when you do, it can be lost because of subsequent actions.

8. Music   -   #28
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    The question was who likes him, everyone was putting him down, I defended him. There was no problem there.

He is a bad role model for our youngsters?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Do you hear what you are saying. This is a man who gives millions and millions to charidy, Who only preaches love. Who will not curse. AND HE'S A BAD ROLE MODEL?!?!?!?!??!

Do you know what our youngsters are listening to, and who they have as their role models. Drugs, Cursing, Violence, and Sex. That is what our kids have as role models. And then our adults put down the one guy who is against all of that.

HE DID GROW UP TO BE A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY. people just don't understand him, and they are afraid. He did make his own choices. He saw what he lacked, and what the world lacked, and he created it.

He has done nothing wrong, and people are judging him for it. He doesn't treat children as 'accessories'. He gives them what they need, love and happiness. Many other people do this too, and have the same views. They just don't have the money to do in as large of porportions as Jackson can.

The idea of someone who has it all, and gives so much of it away to children seems strange in our society, and people think that he must have other reasons for doing it. He is a good man, with good views, ACCEPT IT!
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

9. Music   -   #29
    Poster
    Did you see the look on his children's faces when they were taken to a zoo, wearing veils, in the middle of a media circus. They should be protected fom this not used as part of it.

Did you see him trying to feed the baby, not a clue.

Did you see his reaction when he was asked how the child's eye was, he didn't even know. It's all a sham and a cover.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine. Shouting doesn't impress me and no I will not accept it.

10. Music   -   #30
    Poster
    I dont like MJ at all...he isnt fit to be a parent,the way he treats his kids is disgusting.He is a sick man and needs help and i would no way let any kids near him.He paid off the family of the kid who said he had messed around with him,an out of court settlement....no smoke without fire.
    As for his music,im not much of a fan...i was when i was 8 but have grown up and can see him for what he is... B)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast