Thread: Opera Browser

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Due to the recent rise in browser wars I have been trying out a few just to see what they are like. Ive been using firebird for some time now and have not had any major issues. But sometimes its good to try out new things.

Anyway, back to my question

Everytime I download a file in opera it brings up a transfers tab window. I was wondering if there was a way you could not have that extra tab come up. Its annoying cause I have to close it manually everytime Im finished downloading a file.

Btw, sometimes opera crashes on me from time to time. One of the main reasons I have not used it in the past. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I used Opera for a while as another browser (along with firebird like you) and I had similar problems. Not always but sometimes. Look at the resources it uses while running. (On a side note: Thats when I tested a new browser MyIE2 which works great and uses fairly less memory while running and works like a charm.)

Anyways back to your question about Transfer window,

Add this to Opera6.ini
    [TransferWindow]
    ActivateOnNewTransfer=0

Whatever version you have just find the ini file and edit it.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hit Ctrl+Alt+T to bring up the transfer window. Go to View and uncheck Pop up transfer window on transfer.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Thanks

Ill let ya know how it turns out.