Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Servers/ips

BANNED
    im on a network to a nother pc running though a hub.
    i wanna set up a game server but it just comes up with my stupid lan ip.
    any ideas how i can set it up? :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by gungrave@23 January 2004 - 04:20
    Make the server box dmz. Doing that will open put it on the perimeter of your network and give it a public ip.

But if you know how to config your router. Find the exact port numbers and forward them to that box. Im not a gamer but if you give us the name Im sure someone will know what ports that game uses.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by shn+23 January 2004 - 10:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 23 January 2004 - 10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave@23 January 2004 - 04:20
    Make the server box dmz. Doing that will open put it on the perimeter of your network and give it a public ip.

But if you know how to config your router. Find the exact port numbers and forward them to that box. Im not a gamer but if you give us the name Im sure someone will know what ports that game uses. [/b][/quote]
    :helpsmile: its a hub not a router

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by gungrave+23 January 2004 - 05:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gungrave @ 23 January 2004 - 05:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@23 January 2004 - 10:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @23 January 2004 - 04:20

But if you know how to config your router. Find the exact port numbers and forward them to that box. Im not a gamer but if you give us the name Im sure someone will know what ports that game uses.
    :helpsmile: its a hub not a router [/b][/quote]
    Oh sorry didnt see that. But in order for you to keep getting a lan ip that means your behind some kind of barrier. Hubs dont hide your public ip like that. Is the hub connected to a router or do you have icf (internet connection firewall).?

If you could elaborate or be a little more decisive regarding the way you have your lan setup it could be more helpful.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    theres the net box - my bros pc - hub - my pc

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by gungrave@23 January 2004 - 05:32
    Net box?

What do you mean netbox? Is there a caable modem, a router.....................?

Cant be online with just a hub.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by shn+23 January 2004 - 11:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 23 January 2004 - 11:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by gungrave@23 January 2004 - 05:03
    Originally posted by shn@23 January 2004 - 10:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @23 January 2004 - 04:20

:helpsmile: its a hub not a router
    Oh sorry didnt see that. But in order for you to keep getting a lan ip that means your behind some kind of barrier. Hubs dont hide your public ip like that. Is the hub connected to a router or do you have icf (internet connection firewall).?

If you could elaborate or be a little more decisive regarding the way you have your lan setup it could be more helpful. [/b][/quote]
    :helpsmile: netbox - bros pc - hub - my pc

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by shn+23 January 2004 - 11:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 23 January 2004 - 11:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave@23 January 2004 - 05:32
    Net box?

What do you mean netbox? Is there a caable modem, a router.....................?

Cant be online with just a hub. [/b][/quote]
    its a box where u get the net from...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by gungrave+23 January 2004 - 06:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gungrave &#064; 23 January 2004 - 06:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@23 January 2004 - 11:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @23 January 2004 - 05:32

Net box?

its a box where u get the net from...[/b][/quote]
    OMG

Im sorry, I had to laugh at that. A box where you get the net from? You mean a computer thats connected to the net ? Do you and your sibling share that connection or by box do you mean modem, router? What does it look like?

Lol sorry so many questions

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by shn+23 January 2004 - 13:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 23 January 2004 - 13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by gungrave@23 January 2004 - 06:09
    Originally posted by shn@23 January 2004 - 11:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @23 January 2004 - 05:32

Net box?

its a box where u get the net from...
    OMG

Im sorry, I had to laugh at that. A box where you get the net from? You mean a computer thats connected to the net ? Do you and your sibling share that connection or by box do you mean modem, router? What does it look like?

Lol sorry so many questions [/b][/quote]

the 1 at the top :helpsmile:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast