Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supertrick

This is still in alpha stage!

Features:

- Supertrick will be divided into several categories. That way you only have to install what you want to install
    - Supertrick will be reduced in size (number of entries)
    - Redirect to either 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0 (currently only 127.0.0.1)
    - Optionally includes eDexter
    - Optionally eDexter PAC can be enabled. This will give powerfull blocking capabilities.

The current build contains almost all entries from the old supertrick. But not all of them are in the right category yet.

Download [2004-01-25] 446 KB

If you got a big hosts file, then do NOT post it here. I don't need it because it is useless. Single entries however are welcome. Specially servers that have dialers and other malicious software.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Thanks a lot Error403 gonna try this one out....

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    whoa very nice i LIKE
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    pretty cool, Error403.

But, is there any way I can see the inno setup script for this? I was thinking of doing something similar. There are a few thing I want to add. Not my Hosts file.

I am really new to making setups. If not, then it's cool. I'll see if I can figure it out. lol.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I won&#39;t give away the script. At least not at this moment.

But suggestions are welcome.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    No prob.

I think this page sums it up. I thought an option to place a hosts file ditor shortut in the quicklaunch bar or on the desktop would be useful, and personally, I have found the hosts file switch very useful because I have a large hosts file and it can prevent me from seeing a few sites correctly. With the switch, you can just turn off hosts file protection.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Error403,

I read the first post but I&#39;m unclear what SuperTrick, What it&#39;s used for/with or what it does. Would you kindly clarify please.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Supertrick edits the hosts file, a file in every major Operating System, to block pop-ups and ads in websites. It can even be edited so that if you try to go to a site, you can be redirected to another site.

This page explains it.

-- Xero Grid --

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@25 January 2004 - 18:52
    I think this page sums it up. I thought an option to place a hosts file ditor shortut in the quicklaunch bar or on the desktop would be useful, and personally, I have found the hosts file switch very useful because I have a large hosts file and it can prevent me from seeing a few sites correctly. With the switch, you can just turn off hosts file protection.
    I was already planning to add a switch to enable/disable the hosts file. But thanks for the link, it might have some additional nasty sites to need blocking .

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Xero Grid,

Thanks for the info. I understand the HOSTS file. Just always unchecked adding Supertrick in 2.4.3&#39;s install so never used it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast