Thread: Counter Strike Cd Key

Poster
    okay, you might have remember me telling you about some bastard stole my cd key....i went out and spent $30 on a 13 digit number (counter strike) today and b4 i go register my key....i was wondering if my comp get a virus attack and i decided to wipe everthing off of my hdd....and then installed steam again, would i be able to log back into my account and keep playing or would it give me the you cd key is already registor/invalid message?

2. Games   -   #2
    30$ dollars? USD? if it was... then haha is all i got to say

and btw you can log into a account using any cd key regardless of what cd key it was created with

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    wouldnt the steam system thinks that the cd key was already register to a different account and give me the "your cd key is invalid or already register" message?

4. Games   -   #4
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@23 January 2004 - 22:33
    okay, you might have remember me telling you about some bastard stole my cd key....i went out and spent $30 on a 13 digit number (counter strike) today and b4 i go register my key....i was wondering if my comp get a virus attack and i decided to wipe everthing off of my hdd....and then installed steam again, would i be able to log back into my account and keep playing or would it give me the you cd key is already registor/invalid message?
    you can just log back on and it wont give the error.....or at least it doesen't give me any errors

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    okay, thanks....i ask this becuz i created an account w/ the steam beta and when the official release came out, i log back on and it work, except it ask me to enter a cd key in again....and when i did, it gave me that message

6. Games   -   #6
    haha nope, it shouldnt do that
    as i went to a friends house and logged onto steam on my account and it worked fine, on a whole different computer, when he had just downloaded steam for the first time, and he doesnt have a key, i just logged into my account and away we went.
    the key is registered to your account, not to your computer
    I think you should be fine
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    okay, ty for all your help...im installign it right now....i am planning on reformatting my hdd in a couple of days but didnt want to wait that long to play cs so i had to ask to make sure it was okay.

one more thing...you said your friend use your account to play, so does this mean that you cant play when he does? or does it work ? im planing on installing this on my other machine just in case somebody is using this machine, i can still play cs...or when i have a friend come over, can we both play?