Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ati Radeon 9600

Originally posted by dray_02@24 January 2004 - 21:33
    ok so getting a 256mb card is actually going to slow the overall performance in todays games.

ok.

so if you had a choice 128mb or 256mb, both free, which would you take?
    I would take the one that I posted above.

Sappiretech has a good XT, so does ATi. They both work fine. However, the extra 128 Mb may cause performance to suffer in games.

It really depends. You have to show us the exact one you want to get because we can't tell you unless we know the exact part number to the ram modules on the card you are looking at.

However, usually they put RAM with lower CAS latentcy on the 256 mb modules.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by adamp2p+25 January 2004 - 07:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 25 January 2004 - 07:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@24 January 2004 - 21:33
    ok so getting a 256mb card is actually going to slow the overall performance in todays games.

ok.

so if you had a choice 128mb or 256mb, both free, which would you take?
    I would take the one that I posted above.

Sappiretech has a good XT, so does ATi. They both work fine. However, the extra 128 Mb may cause performance to suffer in games.

It really depends. You have to show us the exact one you want to get because we can&#39;t tell you unless we know the exact part number to the ram modules on the card you are looking at.

However, usually they put RAM with lower CAS latentcy on the 256 mb modules. [/b][/quote]
    awwwwwwwww man&#33;

i was going to buy a POWERCOLOR 9600PRO 256MB but now.......
    i have to save more money.........

My Blog
    I'm still here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234