Thread: Prevent Ie Spyware In Toolbar

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you use an extra toolbar on purpose like Googlebar, Yahoobar, Ebaybar, etc..then ignore this tip.

This tip is to prevent automated toolbar spyware/viruses which can crash IE everytime u start it up!

Rightclick the IE icon on your desktop and goto Properties, Advanced Tab, now look for the setting called "Enable Third-Party browser extensions" and uncheck it. This may speed up the loading time it takes to open up IE a little to major increase!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Nice tip! I don't use extra toolbars, but I used this anyway.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    When a "do you want to install this shit, only do if you trust this shit" window pops up I always press no as a reflex, so I don't need to uncheck

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    that's kinda diffrent in most cases. Your talking about 3rd party cookies and such. (Gator,Bonzi)
    there's a way to disable most of those too..

Right click IE, goto properties.
    Then goto Privacy, click Advanced.
    Check overide automatic cookie handleing.
    First party cookies: Accept
    Third party cookies: Block
    Check the box "allways allow session cookies".

That should block those annoyances.
    If you want to give your system a complete spyware cleanout: use Adaware 6.0 proffesional and before yoy start a scan..look through the options. Set it to were it scans very deeply into your system, by allowing it to scan in .zip, .bin, etc files...also make sure that deep scan thing is check which is near the start scan button.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    If your computer came with third-party software also, and say you seen the Yahoo! Explorer Bar in IE..Uninstall it?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Yea, normally the toolbar addons come in they're own package. You should be able to remove the common ones easy. Some are very hidden though (ie.virus toolbars)