Thread: Dvd Burning Software

Poster
    I just used tmpgenc to convert an avi file to a mini-dvd file but when i try to use nero to burn it says it is not the correct file type. so my question is there something i can do to fix this or is there another encoding or dvd burning software that i should use. any help would be much apreciated thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    imported_uncle_cracker
    Originally posted by dbs@24 January 2004 - 08:20
    I just used tmpgenc to convert an avi file to a mini-dvd file  but when i try to use nero to burn it says it is not the correct file type. so my question is there something i can do to fix this or is there another encoding or dvd burning software that i should use. any help would be much apreciated thanks.
    what do you mean with "mini-dvd"? as far as i know this is an option in nero, but not in tmpgenc.

more info: look here

if you use the wizard in tmpgenc you have to choose vcd, svcd, dvd and if you had other templates for example mvcd.

but all you do is to convert this avi to mpeg1 (vcd, mvcd) or mpeg2 (svcd, dvd).

if you want to create a mvcd, then you must choose vcd in nero, bur you have to uncheck the "burn a srandard cd" checkbox.

you can use the dvd-plugin in nero for encoding, too ... but i think the better way is to use tmpgenc.

ok ... cu uncle