Thread: Firewall For Linux

Poster
    I am currently using guarddog as my firewall in linux but it seems to be blocking ed2k and others even though i open the ports and it is hard to open port ranges because you can only enter in one port number at a time

I have also tried out firestarted but it didnt seem to work right because i couldnt select my modem for it to defend.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by LSA@23 January 2004 - 21:07
    I am currently using guarddog as my firewall in linux but it seems to be blocking ed2k and others even though i open the ports and it is hard to open port ranges because you can only enter in one port number at a time

I have also tried out firestarted but it didnt seem to work right because i couldnt select my modem for it to defend.

A linux box is practically a firewall by itself. You should have installed the firewall package that comes with your distro. You can generally get that option when you are in the install process.

The gnome desktop has an app for that its called lokkit. There is no need to use a thrird party firewall with linux. Its built in.

I dont use it because I have a router to do that.

Although this is a redhat link it still gives detail information about gnome lokkit which is always available as long as you have gnome and gtk installed.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/R...nomelokkit.html

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    It's linux mayhem!!!!!!!! w0ot

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    thanks ill read that stuff and see what i can do

you are a master shn

*edit*
    thats right DWk linux will soon take over klf...