Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Board Decline

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Is it just me or is this board really sloowing down on posts? I mean, I come in here on a regular basis and always see new replies or new posts in every forum. late last night I posted a movie in the Verified Section of Movieworld. Uuum I think it was about 10:23 pm and geeez, 4 of the views, maybe 5 were from me. There are now ONLY 16 views on this movie. I used to post movies every day and within a couple hours the views were close to about 75.

I'm not complaining but I am stating a good point here. We had our regular admins give up their job, new ones take over. Rules changing by the load fulls. Board members getting put in mod positions that really don't deserve it. Yes their post counts show about 5000 posts but I guarantee you over half of those post did nothing to contribute to this board or help out in any way. I have seen members that have been here close to a year or more, post software, movies, etc every day and get no thanks whatsoever. (AND no Im not even referring to me). The point is...I have not seen one positive outcome or change to this board since there were new admins put in charge. Some of these mods even have never even been to this board. And POOF we see them and wonder who they are and where did they come from. A good choice would have been to stay with the regulars.

Nothing exciting has even been taking place on this board. I have even offered to make a new board logo and have made them and pmed them to our so called admins and NOT once did I get even a "Well, thanks for the effort, but I think we will stay with the original logo" All I got was "Why do we need another new board logo?" from other members of the board.

Hopefully, just maybe our new admins will ask for new suggestions on how to improve the performance of this board, take ideas from our members instead of doing it all themselves. I cross my fingers also that this so called NEW Legal P2P software they are in testing will be set up for us to download soon cause KazaaLite has dramatically dropped in use. I tried just the other day to find some very popular software to download and did a search and got a minimal amount of hits on it. Im not blaming this board cause the effects of P2p being illegal and all the music, movie, etc companies cracking down on us users is and has taken a dramatic step to the worse. IT JUST SHOWS BY THE REPLIES, POSTS in this forum. You could come in here at all hours of the day and week and find this board loaded to the rim with online users. NOT NO MORE.

I said my peace..

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Poster
    I find there is TOO many newcomers coming in and not going over the board before posting SEARCH is powerful IF used and it is not,from now on I pass and won't answer didn't we have a newbie thing before!!!

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Originally posted by cwctv@24 January 2004 - 14:29
    I find there is TOO many newcomers coming in and not going over the board before posting SEARCH is powerful IF used and it is not,from now on I pass and won't answer didn't we have a newbie thing before!!!
    Ok, I tried to understand what you just said, but, I have the faintest idea what u just said..

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Originally posted by newcster68@24 January 2004 - 13:38
    Ok, I tried to understand what you just said, but, I have the faintest idea what u just said..
    same here.

Deciphering Try 1
    find there is TOO many newcomers coming in and not going over the board before posting SEARCH is powerful IF used and it is not,from now on I pass and won't answer didn't we have a newbie thing before!!!
    Many newcomes are joining and posting questions before making a search for it. From now on I wont answer their questions. didnt we have a newbie thing before...

------

@newcster68, I know what you are saying. Many things have changed. But since when all the change is always good? It always brings some nice things and bad things along with it. Many old members have left for odd reasons. Board is doing fairly decent. I understand the admins should have at least pm'ed you saying thanks for the effort. But there could be other reasons why they didnt do.
    Mods are doing their job fairly well as well as Area Moderators. So what if few others deserved a better chance, they are doing fairly well infact seeing the work they deserve every bit of it.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    @newcster68, I know what you are saying. Many things have changed. But since when all the change is always good? It always brings some nice things and bad things along with it. Many old members have left for odd reasons. Board is doing fairly decent. I understand the admins should have at least pm&#39;ed you saying thanks for the effort. But there could be other reasons why they didnt do.
    Mods are doing their job fairly well as well as Area Moderators. So what if few others deserved a better chance, they are doing fairly well infact seeing the work they deserve every bit of it.
    Thanks for your reply. Like I said, Im not really complaining but just I guess, getting it off my chest. It has bothered me for just about over a month now. I just don&#39;t see it happening here either. I see a decline at other sites I go to also. Maybe things are just getting old now and maybe something new has to develope to catch the interests of others again. I know I&#39;m really starting to burn out a bit on my pc. Maybe other are to and that&#39;s why I don&#39;t see as many regs in here anymore. I remember when u could go on vcdquality.com and there would be at least 3-4 new screeners (and good ones at that) every day. Now you lucky to see them release a good quality screener or dvdrip about every other week.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Poster
    The problem (not really a problem) is that KL was the main reason that people found this board. Since KL is not longer available people won&#39;t find this board but that&#39;s where our new domain comes in because many search engines have blocked domains and subdomains which contain kazaa lite / klite.

Communities always change as people come and leave. You cannot hold admins or mods responsible for member&#39;s actions.

Many members left because they started own projects and forums. It&#39;s a fact that their friends will go with them but that&#39;s no problem at all. The future will bring a lot of new members and also a lot of new interesting topics.

The main problem (and again not really a problem) is simply that KL is dead and nobody can replace this software. There are 100 forks but none of them will reach what the old development team has reached.

Crying about old times doesn&#39;t help because you can&#39;t turn back the time. I also suggest you to give us a bit more time to have a look at your submission. I am aware of your logo cause I got a copy of your message and Error has forwarded his copy too. It&#39;s just that we are very busy at the moment with reordering the whole board

The registrations did not drop - they are growing from day to day cause people find us easier now. The reason why there are not much new member posts are our current members. I asked a few people and friends why they don&#39;t post and their answer was that they feel left out or attacked if they read posts.

New members post a comment and a few regulars attack them with "Shut up newbie", "You have no idea what this is all about" or other similar posts. Other people ask me to delete their account because they feel left out (do we have a clique problem here?) or because the RIAA is running campaigns against file sharers.

All this together leads to less activity but that&#39;s no issue because a community changes every day.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    What about SwapGate forums 7thElement ? Gonna replace this one ? What going to happend when the SwapGate forums opening for public ? This forum gonna be close ?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Poster
    Nope the SwapGate forums have nothing to do with this board. Many people asked me to use this board and to include SG but others told me to not include it because it has nothing to do with KL.

I could simply include the forums here but it makes no sense as IB cannot handle the masses of users that will come with SG. SG uses existing protocols with masses of existing users which means that this board would be more than laggy.

This forum will not be replaced or closed - even if there were only 10 users online

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    The reason why there are not much new member posts are our current members. I asked a few people and friends why they don&#39;t post and their answer was that they feel left out or attacked if they read posts.

New members post a comment and a few regulars attack them with "Shut up newbie", "You have no idea what this is all about" or other similar posts. Other people ask me to delete their account because they feel left out (do we have a clique problem here?) or because the RIAA is running campaigns against file sharers.
    I completely agree what you are saying there. That does seem to be a big problem with some of our long time members. They have been here so long and see the same questions asked over and over that, I guess it just burns them up inside when they see the same question again. Guess we all need to sit back and think before we react to newbie questions.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    i reckon it should be replaced

and whoever clicks on this board be redirected to the new one becuase the new one is shaping up really nicly all u need to do is add a b-t section

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast