Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wondering Something

does anybody know how i would go about making a side panel out of just case fans? im figuring about 12-15 80mm vantec stealth case fans, along with a seperate 300+watt psu. how would i go about mounting them together? its something ive been wondering about, and am heavily considering trying it out on an old full tower case i have, i also have the 300watt psu. i just dont want to go buy 12-15 80mm vantec stealth fans and have no way of mounting them together. anybody with any ideas please post them. clocker this means you as you seem to know alot about case fans and stuff. anyone is welcome to post there ideas.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Drill some 80mm holes in a side panel and mount the fans.

Don't forget the air needs to have an exit without restriction. To blow 10 fans worth of air in means that it needs somewhere to get out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=95608

Check where they talk about the relay.... whatever haha can't remember right now

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by DWk@25 January 2004 - 00:47

Check where they talk about the relay.... whatever haha can't remember right now
    i got a q... why would relays matter?
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by pc&#045;gamer&#045;dude+24 January 2004 - 17:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pc-gamer-dude @ 24 January 2004 - 17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@25 January 2004 - 00:47

Check where they talk about the relay.... whatever haha can&#39;t remember right now
    i got a q... why would relays matter? [/b][/quote]
    Since you said you&#39;re getting another PSU (or using, since you already have one). You DO want them to turn on once you start the computer, don&#39;t you?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by DWk+25 January 2004 - 00:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 25 January 2004 - 00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by pc&#045;gamer&#045;dude@24 January 2004 - 17:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-DWk
    @25 January 2004 - 00:47

Check where they talk about the relay.... whatever haha can&#39;t remember right now

Since you said you&#39;re getting another PSU (or using, since you already have one). You DO want them to turn on once you start the computer, don&#39;t you? [/b][/quote]
    i never thought of that... i guess i got to think a little more. well i have to save up a lot of money to get ahold of 12 vantec stealth fans, and a dremel to cut the holes for them (unless somebody has a cheaper way to cut the holes so there still nice and clean).

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by pc&#045;gamer&#045;dude+25 January 2004 - 00:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pc-gamer-dude @ 25 January 2004 - 00:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by DWk@25 January 2004 - 00:55
    Originally posted by pc&#045;gamer&#045;dude@24 January 2004 - 17:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-DWk
    @25 January 2004 - 00:47

Since you said you&#39;re getting another PSU (or using, since you already have one). You DO want them to turn on once you start the computer, don&#39;t you?
    i never thought of that... i guess i got to think a little more. well i have to save up a lot of money to get ahold of 12 vantec stealth fans, and a dremel to cut the holes for them (unless somebody has a cheaper way to cut the holes so there still nice and clean). [/b][/quote]
    Why buy such expensive fans?

&#036;1.99 each

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    because there quiet as hell, and still move a decent amount of air, and considering im gonna be having 12-15 running all at once, i need the quiet fans. and actually there the fans im ordering for my current system in my sig. for the front abd back of the case. if this sidepanel expriment works out, that sytem will be overclocked likeucannotbelive. but yeah, going for the expensive fans cuz of the quietness.

altho i might end up saving about &#036;200 and get about 15 vantec 80mm tornado fans

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    personally i think this is a bit exterme, a couple of case fans will do the same job if well placed, if u want to hook up another power supply, u need to connect a couple of wires together with your atx conector of both supplies so they turn on at the same time.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    yeah i know its extreme, but i have nothing better to do with the money, and i wanna expirment a bit and try making a hover craft (afterwards...).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast