Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In God?

Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by Askjeevesbot+25 January 2004 - 01:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Askjeevesbot @ 25 January 2004 - 01:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Azzz@25 January 2004 - 02:02
    <!--QuoteBegin-Askjeevesbot
    @25 January 2004 - 01:01
    i do not believe in god

why?
    i don&#39;t because people like you exzist many of them too [/b][/quote]
    what is that meant to say, in English
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Poster
    Yes, I believe in God.

I guess that since I was a child I just took it by faith that God existed. Of course I also had believed in Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny. Later as I got older I really had to look at and examine my faith when I was confronted with the possibilities of other religions, and the arguments of evolution. After intense study, I came to the conclusion that God did exist... at least to me he did. Others with less evidence in their own lives may think differently then I do. But Even though others may not believe the same way I do, I don&#39;t have anykind of hate or
    dislike towards them. I respect others rights to believe what they want. I have known many people that I considered to be friends that were atheist or into buddhism or judaism. We had no problem with each other. We learned to accept each other, and not let our differances of opinion get in the way of our friendships.

I think one reason that really convinces me of who God is, and that He exist is the many times he has answered my prayers. For example... I remember when my dad was hooked on cigarettes (My dad smoked continually 40+ years). He
    could not go very long without smoking. He tried so hard to quit. He would start getting the shakes if he went too long (a day or two) without a smoke. It was tough. The second hand smoke was starting to get me sick. Even though he tried
    to quit many times over the years, it never lasted more then a few days. He would always be back in that old rut again. I remember when I went to my aunts house. I had remembered what Jesus had said in Bible about praying for others. I figured I had nothing to lose, so my aunt and me both layed hands on my father, and asked God in Jesus name to deliver him from the cigarettes. There was no lightning from heaven, no earthquake or any other sign or proof that our prayer had been heard by God. So my dad and I went home forgot about it. Btw, my dad is not even a christian, he thought the whole prayer thing was a waste of time, and just a bunch of siiliness (He was like... ok, come on, get it over with). Well, several days later my dad wasn&#39;t smoking anymore, and I asked him about it. He told me that he woke up during the night wanting a cigarette (that was the same day we had prayed for him), but inside he was feeling like maybe he should try one more time to stop. So he went back to bed without having a smoke. After that he had no more desire to smoke. He didn&#39;t want to tell me about the quitting because the previous times he tried to quit...it always ended up in failure with him going back to his old habit. Well, he handed me all his cigarette packs, and told me to get rid of them. He said he felt differant, and he didn&#39;t think he would need them anymore. Well, he was right. As of now, he has been free of cigarettes for over 4 years with no shakes or anything. I truly believe that God, the God of
    the Bible answered my prayer that day. Many more amazing things have followed since then that has brought my faith to a point were there is no doubt in my mind that God does live, and he has the power to answer prayers.

I figure that If he He didn&#39;t exist, then he wouldn&#39;t be abe to answer... since He would not exist.

For those of you that are sincere and would like to know if this could be true, but are skeptical... All you have to do is ask Him yourself. when you go to bed tonight say something like this....

"God if you are real, and you really did send your son Jesus 2000 years ago on earth, then please reveal yourself to me in my life, so that I can see this is not just a bunch of silliness".

If you can have enough faith to mean those words from your heart, then I believe He will answer you.

Trying to convince or prove the existence of God to someone that refuses to accept the possiblity of God&#39;s existence is a waste of time. Every individual must seek the evidence for God&#39;s existence, and determine for themselves if that
    evidence is enough for them to believe on His existence. I have found in my own life that He does exist.

NOTE: To all who disagree with me; Please respect the rules of this forum by not flaming.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    To answer the original question...nope.

But I&#39;m open to suggestions.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    FatBastard
    I find it incredible that someone could believe that a god, who allowed 105,000,000 people to be killed by war and genocide in the 20th century alone, would step in and stop someone from smoking. It beggars belief&#33;

No, l don&#39;t believe in gods. l don&#39;t believe in magic either.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Originally posted by FatBastard@25 January 2004 - 04:58
    I find it incredible that someone could believe that a god, who allowed 105,000,000 people to be killed by war and genocide in the 20th century alone, would step in and stop someone from smoking. It beggars belief&#33;

STFU you fat bastard.

When I said I was open to suggestions I neglected to mention you weren&#39;t encompassed, you expatriot traitor you.

(BTW, just got wind of a car-bomb in Isreal. )

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Yes I believe in God.

Why does plant life breathe out oxygen and we breathe it in (and vice versa)?
    Why does a sperm cell and an egg make a baby?

An intelligent being or God had to set something like that in motion to begin with.
    To relegate the thought that things are the way they are because "that&#39;s the way it is" plain lackadaisical and/or unintelligent.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Originally posted by FatBastard@25 January 2004 - 04:58

God dont kill people . people kill people. It may be bad to kill somebody but at the end of all this God will make you understand why people die and its a know fact that everybody thats living is going to die sometime soon either its by war or by stray bullets or natural causes its called LIFE. Just because alot of people die doesnt mean that God is not real. Just think about it , lets say your going to die of old age right and your 110yrs old do that mean God is not real becaudsew your going to die of old age if so you have a narrow mind and need to open up your mind to disover new boundaries in your life.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    FatBastard
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@25 January 2004 - 14:04
    God dont kill people . people kill people. It may be bad to kill somebody but at the end of all this God will make you understand why people die and its a know fact that everybody thats living is going to die sometime soon either its by war or by stray bullets or natural causes its called LIFE. Just because alot of people die doesnt mean that God is not real. Just think about it , lets say your going to die of old age right and your 110yrs old do that mean God is not real becaudsew your going to die of old age if so you have a narrow mind and need to open up your mind to disover new boundaries in your life.
    Are you on something? If you don&#39;t understand the point of my post, and you obviously don&#39;t, get someone to explain it to you.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by FatBastatrd @ 24 January 2004 &#045; 17:12

You madam, are a baffling lady. Must be the result of one to many headers during your soccer (as I believe the British dubbed it) days.

And "no", I do not.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Originally posted by hobbes+25 January 2004 - 05:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 25 January 2004 - 05:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FatBastatrd @ 24 January 2004 &#045; 17:12

You madam, are a baffling lady. Must be the result of one to many headers during your soccer (as I believe the British dubbed it) days.

And "no", I do no not. [/b][/quote]
    I really must take time out of my precious seconds to read this thread sometime.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast