Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In God?

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Originally posted by shn+25 January 2004 - 14:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 25 January 2004 - 14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by tralalala@25 January 2004 - 06:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz
    @25 January 2004 - 02:45
    give reason&#39;s personally i don&#39;t september 11th is an example of why i dont believe in god

what the hell has that got to do with it???

i believe in god, i believe in those little miracles that just happen, and, as a practicing jew, i am supposed to believe in god

tralalala
    Is it against the jewish religion to marry a catholic or christian?

My friend had to break off her marriage because her dad said she couldnt marry a jewish guy. [/b][/quote]
    well, you SHOULDNT marry a christian or a person of any other religion... but my aunt is married to a catholic...

tralalala

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by tralalala+25 January 2004 - 11:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tralalala @ 25 January 2004 - 11:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz@25 January 2004 - 02:45
    give reason&#39;s personally i don&#39;t september 11th is an example of why i dont believe in god

i believe in god, i believe in those little miracles that just happen, and, as a practicing jew, i am supposed to believe in god

tralalala [/b][/quote]
    well, i believe a GOOD god would have found a way to stop that disaster happening.

maybe there is a god and maybe he is EVIL

think about it, it is possible

Azzz B)
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I do not believe in God, but I understand why others do

4. Lounge   -   #74
    Originally posted by Arcadia@25 January 2004 - 12:32
    I do not believe in God, but I understand why others do
    me too

5. Lounge   -   #75
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Azzz@25 January 2004 - 06:17
    well, i believe a GOOD god would have found a way to stop that disaster happening.
    Uhhhh if there is a God, and he is so "good", why would he make a world as screwed up as it is (specially if he gave human free will). Free will fucked the world. But free will rules

6. Lounge   -   #76
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Originally posted by Azzz+25 January 2004 - 15:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 25 January 2004 - 15:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by tralalala@25 January 2004 - 11:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz

tralalala

Azzz B) [/b][/quote]
    maybe it was a sign from god? maybe it was supposed totell us something? think of it

tralalala

7. Lounge   -   #77
    Originally posted by tralalala+25 January 2004 - 13:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tralalala @ 25 January 2004 - 13:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Azzz@25 January 2004 - 15:17
    Originally posted by tralalala@25 January 2004 - 11:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz

tralalala

Azzz B)
    maybe it was a sign from god? maybe it was supposed totell us something? think of it

tralalala [/b][/quote]
    we can speculate all we want but were never gonna come up with reason&#39;s or explanation&#39;s we should just quit while were ahead

8. Lounge   -   #78
    FatBastard
    Originally posted by tralalala@25 January 2004 - 23:48
    OK, so this god of yours wants to tell us something. So he gets people to highjack four airliners and crash them into buildings. What is that? A clue? How many letters?

9. Lounge   -   #79
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    IF there is a God and IF what the (Christian) scriptures say is true, then he gave men/women a free will to do as they pleased, even lining out the consequences if we did wrong, so therefore i cannot understand why everyone blames God for what we ourselves have instigated - even suffereing throughout the world is ultimately of our own doing, we have the means to put it right, but greedy governments and politicians are stopping it, not God.

Peace
    UKMan

10. Lounge   -   #80
    I believe it&#39;s all predetermined in that in the same way if you know the initial conditions and momentum etc.. of a moving object in space you can predict every moment after concerning it.

The universe is just a much more sophisticated version. Even the illusion of free will falls into this as the decisions we make are based on our experience in the world, our psychology,biology, and physiology - all predetermined. This does not rule out the possibility of a god (or source of it all) but it just shakes off the intervention side of it.

I think Einsteins clock maker anology fits into this (but havn&#39;t read much on that).

The thing that gets me is that however much science and philosophy can explain things - even if the lot was eventually explained - it could easily all not have happened = nothingness all round.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast