Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In God?

Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    give reason's personally i don't september 11th is an example of why i dont believe in god
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    No.

I just don't think that 2,000 years ago they were very good at interpereting higher beings...
    They thought the world was flat...

3. Lounge   -   #3
    BANNED
    I don't. However, I don't discard the idea. I believe what I see

I believe in humans' potential and that is all I believe.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by DWk@24 January 2004 - 23:50
    I don't. However, I don't discard the idea. I believe what I see

I believe in humans' potential and that is all I believe.
    the funny thing is that same policy applies to me BUT i do believe in ghosts as i have seen one

5. Lounge   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Azzz+24 January 2004 - 17:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 24 January 2004 - 17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@24 January 2004 - 23:50
    I don&#39;t. However, I don&#39;t discard the idea. I believe what I see

I believe in humans&#39; potential and that is all I believe.
    the funny thing is that same policy applies to me BUT i do believe in ghosts as i have seen one [/b][/quote]
    Maybe it was god :

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Azzz+25 January 2004 - 00:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 25 January 2004 - 00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@24 January 2004 - 23:50

the funny thing is that same policy applies to me BUT i do believe in ghosts as i have seen one [/b][/quote]
    Tell me, how do you know it was a ghost?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    The BBC aired a show today that showed that we don&#39;t even "see" what we see.

They took a group of 20 adults and asked them to watch a video of 6 basketball players doing a passing drill. 3 were wearing black uniforms, 3 were wearing yellow uniforms. They were told to count the number of passes made by the players in yellow and ignore the passes by the players in black.

Midway through the video and man in an ape suit walked between the players, beat his chest then walked of screen, the video then stopped.

When asked if anyone saw anything unusual only 4 of 20 raised their hands.

The video was played again with no instructions and everyone starting gasping at missing the ape the first time.

The point was that the mind can only process so much information at once, and for those things we are not actively working on, we make assumptions of what we are seeing based on experience, and are not actually "seeing " what is there.

As the viewer you laugh, knowing for sure you would have seen the ape. The announcer then gets the apeman and says to the TV, "Does he look familiar to you?"

They then rewind the show pausing at all the times they had placed the ape in the backround, but in plain sight. I imagine most people were a little shocked.

To answer the question- NO.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+24 January 2004 - 23:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 24 January 2004 - 23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Azzz@25 January 2004 - 00:54
    <!--QuoteBegin-DWk
    @24 January 2004 - 23:50

the funny thing is that same policy applies to me BUT i do believe in ghosts as i have seen one
    Tell me, how do you know it was a ghost? [/b][/quote]
    well here&#39;s the story

I was in my room getting ready about 3 years ago now, i glanced out of my bedroom, at first i saw a large black shadow which covered the top of my stairs, then i saw a silhouette of an old man walking into my bathroom, i know it was because there werent any other old men in my house at that time, ive moved now though.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Azzz+24 January 2004 - 18:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 24 January 2004 - 18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@24 January 2004 - 23:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-DWk

I was in my room getting ready about 3 years ago now, i glanced out of my bedroom, at first i saw a large black shadow which covered the top of my stairs, then i saw a silhouette of an old man walking into my bathroom, i know it was because there werent any other old men in my house at that time, ive moved now though. [/b][/quote]
    Moved.... bla bla bla.

Sorry but that "ghost" doesn&#39;t look so real :

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Azzz+25 January 2004 - 01:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 25 January 2004 - 01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@24 January 2004 - 23:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-DWk

I was in my room getting ready about 3 years ago now, i glanced out of my bedroom, at first i saw a large black shadow which covered the top of my stairs, then i saw a silhouette of an old man walking into my bathroom, i know it was because there werent any other old men in my house at that time, ive moved now though. [/b][/quote]
    A silhoutte of an old man?

What, can you see the wrinkles making shadows or something?

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast