Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pest Patrol

Poster
    the master log file for pest patrol can be found in "x:\program files\pest patrol\logs\" its called MasterLog.csv best to open in ms excel. u shud b able to find out what u actually deleted and hopefully sort out the prob.
    SP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    SP1- ok i will go into hunt mode now, and check that out. crossing fingers* i find what was deleted, that i needed. much much appreciated, thanks!!!

will post up..anymore walls that i run into shortly.

thnks agn-

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    question yet again,

once i have found files that were deleted, that i need. how do i restore them?

i am reinstalling windows xp, right now hoping files will be filled back in?

how would anyone restore files that were deleted? is there any software, or process that you do to find files that were lost/deleted?

thnx for ur guys time...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    this might be interesting to everyone thats reads this and use pestpatrol,

ok this is my story,
    when i visited certain websites, and click on certain links...i got errors. the send error report window would pop up and i would send the error report, then it would open up a window to remedy my problem. that website that popped up was the pestpatrol site..and had to deal with removing the spyware/adware.

so instead of doing it manually which would of taken quite sometime, i downloaded the corp version off overnetlite. once i installed it, i scanned without really readin much on pestpatrol and adjusting certain settings and things like that. so i get my results and very briefly went thro the list..and i eventually deleted all that was found(that was the mistake i made). anyways pestpatrol then told me to restart the computer, so i did. when it came back on i tried to connect to the net, and nothing. the first thing that came to mind was i must have deleted something that i needed to connect to the net. so i tried to reinstall things like windowsxp, my network adapter drivers...etc. and with all the reinstalling i still got the same problem.

i am using verizon dsl, so out of ideas i called the tech support. we went thro certain steps to see if everything was working out, and pretty much everything did, except that the IP Adress on the modem was a ?...basically was not being detected even tho my network cards ip was detected. this was a new problem to verizon, and for myself. how did and why was the ip adress of the modem not being detected if everything else was? is there any software or file that could have been changed/edited to have made my computer not detected the ip adress of my modem(the modem being the modem i got from verizon) when i deleted the files that was scanned by pestpatrol?

so basically thats pretty much it? is it a virus? i keep my norton updated and on check so if it was a virus it would have been detected by now? does anyone out there know or have any experience with this when using pestpatrol or with any other program?

well thats my rant, i really hope someone can send me anytype of answer...anything would help.

much appreciation to all ppl who reads this FULL post.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System Restore

See if there is a restore point close to the before you deleted the 'pests' and restore to that point. Saved files will not be lost in the restore.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    thanks for your comments kab,

the restore isn't close enough or does not go back far enough to restore it. it goes back to the day that i deleted but several several hours after. should i restore it anyways?

thnx again

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    look for farther away restore points, however, you may have to install whatever software you installed after that point again.

dont bother restoring after the change you made unless the problem didn't come for awhile afterwards. you should be able to browse by months.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    I deleted the entire content of my shredfolder using the above bull****.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by supersonic@26 February 2004 - 03:11
    I deleted the entire content of my shredfolder using the above bull****.
    don&#39;t use the product if you&#39;re an idiot then...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12