Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New P2p Client...

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    FolderShare??

I've heard from other forums that the speeds on this are amazing... min 25KB/Sec. I just wanted to know if anyone else has tried it out and if so your thoughts...

No File Too Big

Unlimited File Space

• Use FolderShare to store as many files as you wish.
    • You are only limited by the size of your computer's hard drive.

Unlimited File Transfers

• You and your colleagues can transfer as many files as you wish.
    • No file type restrictions.

Easy

• No special file management interface - Access your files the way you are used to (ie: C drive, Windows Explorer, Network drive).
    • The FolderShare program works behind the scenes monitoring your file system for changed files. Once a changed file is detected, FolderShare replicates the file to all connected servers or desktops.

Secure and Trustworthy

Secure Business Networking

• Collaborate with your vendors and customers in a secure, easy-to-use environment.
    • No more emailing changed files back and forth - FolderShare allows you to automatically exchange new information and updates to existing files in a common Library that resides on every project member's computer.
    • No matter how many office locations, you can now keep common company files in-sync over a secure FolderShare generated Virtual Private Network. FolderShare's easy-to-use technology replaces cumbersome single file-server solutions.

Encrypted B2B Transfers

• All file transfers are encrypted by AES using 256 bit keys. Clients are authenticated via RSA key certificates. For companies looking for an encrypted, authenticated VPN file transfer solution, FolderShare is the perfect match.

Efficient

Downloads Automatically Resume
    • The FolderShare application automatically resumes interupted file transfers.
    • Queue a file once - no more checking to see if a file has come back online.

Only Transfers Changed Sections of Files
    • If a file is changed, FolderShare will only transfer the changed portion to your computer. ie: Assume 1 megabyte out of a 75 megabyte CAD project or database changes, only the changed 1 megabyte is sent to all connected computers.
    • Speeds up transfers and saves bandwidth.

Samurai

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Anyone?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Sounds good, i think i gonna try it.

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/article.../01102004c.php

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    The GUI is nice and simple; nothing special.

It seems that you have to manually invite people, before they can download off of you, that is currently a turn down..

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Another great app

Http File Server (HFS) - personal file sharing server

HTTP is an easy to use drag and drop file server for personal file sharing. It runs as a standalone executable and does not require any installation. The program is very easy to use, just drag a file into it to share it with the world. You can customize the port it is running on, specify the IP address and monitor connections from the tray icon. HFS presents the shared files on a simple HTML page, that includes the file name and size. With some HTML knowledge, you can completely customize the HTML template to meet your preference. HFS can also integrate into Windows Explorer, allowing you to easily share files from the right-click menu.

Download from my website

Hide your IP

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I hope you folks have PeerGuardian or some IP-range blocking firewall installed if you're sharing by this method, because otherwise you're RIAA-bait!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Mystikan@25 January 2004 - 08:17
    I hope you folks have PeerGuardian or some IP-range blocking firewall installed if you're sharing by this method, because otherwise you're RIAA-bait!
    No Need... Apparently

Code:
    Encrypted B2B Transfers

• All file transfers are encrypted by AES using 256 bit keys. Clients are authenticated via RSA key certificates. For companies looking for an encrypted, authenticated VPN file transfer solution, FolderShare is the perfect match.
    I'm serious. The majority of the people who tested this out seem to think it's going to be the next big thing, but who knows

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Bump-be-de-bump bump

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Unlimited File Space

• Use FolderShare to store as many files as you wish.
    • You are only limited by the size of your computer's hard drive.
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, now why can't I do that with Kazaa, DC++ or any other P2P app, oh wait.. I CAN do that with any other P2P app.

Seems to me a simple VPN shared folder system. Not anyhting new here...
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Mystikan@25 January 2004 - 09:17
    so true...........i guess i stick with my orginal p2p programs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast