Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water

Keikan's Avatar ........
    I went to the fridge to pour myself some water it was some sort of spring water. Anyways so I'm thinking there is no way ALL spring water is from mountains or whatever because by now it would gone right? If you ask me spring water isn't very "pure" since, the best water for drinking is distilled water IMO.
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Haven't you even done geography in school?

Yer piss goes into the sea, evaporates, into clouds, back into mountains. Continue cycle.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    A while ago a major distributer of spring water was sued because they were not even selling fresh spring water they were just filtering tap water.

All I drink is bottled spring water. I drink mountain valley, its been around for a while and its fresh from the Hot Springs, Arkansas area in the u.s..

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I still like distilled water better tho.
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by shn@25 January 2004 - 10:56
    A while ago a major distributer of spring water was sued because they were not even selling fresh spring water they were just filtering tap water.

All I drink is bottled spring water. I drink mountain valley, its been around for a while and its fresh from the Hot Springs, Arkansas area in the u.s..
    There was a thing on the radio, then I later heard it on the TV, that said drinking spring water can lead to cancer or something. I'm not sure what else they said, but I remember hearing something about it.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    The water where i live is very fresh and clean, so there is no way i'm gonna pay for a bottle of water - bloody stupid in my opinion.

Allthough, some of you guys seem to live in places where you have to... but in most countries its just a fad, its "hip" to buy bottled water - nothing wrong with tap water - in fact some bacteria is good and neccesary for the stomach and bowels to function properly. Peeps these days have no immunity for germs anymore because they're being "hip"...

Peace
    UKMan

7. Lounge   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by UKMan@25 January 2004 - 05:51
    The water where i live is very fresh and clean, so there is no way i'm gonna pay for a bottle of water - bloody stupid in my opinion.

Allthough, some of you guys seem to live in places where you have to... but in most countries its just a fad, its "hip" to buy bottled water - nothing wrong with tap water - in fact some bacteria is good and neccesary for the stomach and bowels to function properly. Peeps these days have no immunity for germs anymore because they're being "hip"...

Peace
    UKMan
    Would you eat raw meat?

You sound like a barbarian. One of thoose hard-core nature fanatics.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    According to studies done, tap water is afr more safer from bacteria than that of the bottled variety. It seems the water you get through your taps have to go through 100's of government checks to ensure it is safe to drink. Bottled water do not have to go through the same checks (although they will have to ensure it is safe at some point).

Also, on another note, tap water does very from region to region, even as small as the UK. In London, where I live, if the tap water is not filtered, you can tend to get 'fur' on your tongue from drinking it. I was born in Carlisle (Nr. Scotland) and you could drink tap water all day there and have no 'fur' residue.

My 2 Pence

9. Lounge   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Samurai@25 January 2004 - 06:15
    According to studies done, tap water is afr more safer from bacteria than that of the bottled variety. It seems the water you get through your taps have to go through 100's of government checks to ensure it is safe to drink. Bottled water do not have to go through the same checks (although they will have to ensure it is safe at some point).

Also, on another note, tap water does very from region to region, even as small as the UK. In London, where I live, if the tap water is not filtered, you can tend to get 'fur' on your tongue from drinking it. I was born in Carlisle (Nr. Scotland) and you could drink tap water all day there and have no 'fur' residue.

My 2 Pence
    Then why is bottled water more clear than tap water.

Kinda looks more pure I guess.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by shn+25 January 2004 - 12:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 25 January 2004 - 12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@25 January 2004 - 05:51
    The water where i live is very fresh and clean, so there is no way i&#39;m gonna pay for a bottle of water - bloody stupid in my opinion.

Allthough, some of you guys seem to live in places where you have to... but in most countries its just a fad, its "hip" to buy bottled water - nothing wrong with tap water - in fact some bacteria is good and neccesary for the stomach and bowels to function properly. Peeps these days have no immunity for germs anymore because they&#39;re being "hip"...

Peace
    UKMan
    Would you eat raw meat?

You sound like a barbarian. One of thoose hard-core nature fanatics. [/b][/quote]
    No i dont eat raw meat - cant imagine why you asked that, i made no hint to that fact

Also i dont think im a barbarian - we are talking about water you know, i must admit that i do allow the water to run into my glass unaided - maybe thats being a bit cruel, but it does land safely i can assure you.

I certainly am not a hard core nature fanatic eother... just cant think why you would make such a comment - i was merely replying about the water... strange...

Peace
    UKMan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast