Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Clarify A Few Rumors

internet.news
    Originally posted by Illuminati+25 January 2004 - 17:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 25 January 2004 - 17:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tralalala@25 January 2004 - 13:22
    well said 7th...
    this so called "awarding" members with this "holy" testing of the SG Beta, is basically like "awarding" members to be moderators... isnt it?
    The thing about it is that testing SwapGate isn&#39;t really the bliss that&#39;s perceived - You&#39;re required to install & use software which can (and does) cause frustrating problems, you need to check in on the board regular for this that and the other (e.g. tester codes to access the program), you&#39;re needed to help find the bugs so when it goes perfect bugs aren&#39;t as much a problem, and everyone&#39;s required to keep schtum on practically everything and behave with others.

It could be seen as a reward to loyalty, that view&#39;s logical - But it&#39;s a case of rewarding effort on the board with more work.

I&#39;ve said it before and I&#39;ll say it again - Anyone who isn&#39;t a beta tester is NOT missing much [/b][/quote]
    So, do you mean I am not loyal enough - yeah, ok, I know I was reacting disrespectful, but you can really trust me.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by internet.news+25 January 2004 - 17:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 25 January 2004 - 17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Illuminati@25 January 2004 - 17:03
    <!--QuoteBegin-tralalala
    @25 January 2004 - 13:22
    well said 7th...
    this so called "awarding" members with this "holy" testing of the SG Beta, is basically like "awarding" members to be moderators... isnt it?

The thing about it is that testing SwapGate isn&#39;t really the bliss that&#39;s perceived - You&#39;re required to install & use software which can (and does) cause frustrating problems, you need to check in on the board regular for this that and the other (e.g. tester codes to access the program), you&#39;re needed to help find the bugs so when it goes perfect bugs aren&#39;t as much a problem, and everyone&#39;s required to keep schtum on practically everything and behave with others.

It could be seen as a reward to loyalty, that view&#39;s logical - But it&#39;s a case of rewarding effort on the board with more work.

I&#39;ve said it before and I&#39;ll say it again - Anyone who isn&#39;t a beta tester is NOT missing much
    So, do you mean I am not loyal enough - yeah, ok, I know I was reacting disrespectful, but you can really trust me. [/b][/quote]
    Where did I say that in the quote above?

Besides, you know why you were rejected - That was made VERY clear by Lite & others in the Beta Applications thread

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Knowledge is Power
    How many users can Invision handle at once?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Knowledge is Power
    I&#39;m just asking because I&#39;ve seen invision boards running perfectly well with 1000+ users online at the same time... so I guess you&#39;re planning on something bigger than that.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nimdock@25 January 2004 - 16:39
    I don&#39;t believe there is a limit on how many users Invision Power Bord can hold, however, there may be a set bandwidth limit.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Knowledge is Power
    Originally posted by NightStalker+25 January 2004 - 16:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 25 January 2004 - 16:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nimdock@25 January 2004 - 16:39
    I don&#39;t believe there is a limit on how many users Invision Power Bord can hold, however, there may be a set bandwidth limit. [/b][/quote]
    Then that would be an issue on the server per sé, not on the software.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Thanks for posting 7th. Like the phrase goes, It takes all kinds...so does this board. You will find all kinds of people here. Dont get bothered by the few.

Intelligent one&#39;s will find their way through instead of listening absurd rumours.

@Jpaul
    anyone is suggesting that you are trying to get people to join another board it does indeed make little sense.

Particularly as you have not posted a link to this other board, or indeed asked anyone to have a look at it, far less become a member.
    I hope you aren&#39;t serious of what you said. If he would have posted a link then there could have been a possibility that he was looking for more members from here. As he hasnt even posted a link so hardly any members know about it which confirms that the intention was not the other way.

-
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Wow you people crack me up so much its Un-Believe-able
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    yes...
    what an odd thread.
    umm...thanks for the info...

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20