Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Clarify A Few Rumors

Poster
    Originally posted by Nimdock+25 January 2004 - 22:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nimdock @ 25 January 2004 - 22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by NightStalker@25 January 2004 - 16:59
    <!--QuoteBegin-Nimdock
    @25 January 2004 - 16:39
    How many users can Invision handle at once?

I don&#39;t believe there is a limit on how many users Invision Power Bord can hold, however, there may be a set bandwidth limit.
    Then that would be an issue on the server per sé, not on the software. [/b][/quote]
    Invisionboard is a nice board but it comes with many problems. Our current server is a P4 2,4 Ghz with 2 GB RAM and I think that 550 - 600 online visitors would lag the board cause IB is not optimized for large forums.

PHPBB is a better choice. You can run a PHPBB board with over 2000 online users on the same server with 50% load compared to IB with 400 online users.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Poster
    i love those rumors
    Open your mind

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    BANNED
    well i didn&#39;t get selected but well i guess i didn&#39;t expect to oh well

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@26 January 2004 - 00:48
    @Jpaul
    anyone is suggesting that you are trying to get people to join another board it does indeed make little sense.

Particularly as you have not posted a link to this other board, or indeed asked anyone to have a look at it, far less become a member.
    I hope you aren&#39;t serious of what you said. If he would have posted a link then there could have been a possibility that he was looking for more members from here. As he hasnt even posted a link so hardly any members know about it which confirms that the intention was not the other way.
    That&#39;s what I said.

It is obvious he is not trying to get people to visit there, as there is no advertising, or link.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@26 January 2004 - 14:43
    That&#39;s what I said.

It is obvious he is not trying to get people to visit there, as there is no advertising, or link.
    "Little sense" seemed like it did make some sense as compared to saying it doesn&#39;t make sense at all. (absurd)

I need new glasses for sure
    Anyone knows a cheaper buy for it?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am+26 January 2004 - 23:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am @ 26 January 2004 - 23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@26 January 2004 - 14:43
    That&#39;s what I said.

"Little sense" seemed like it did make some sense as compared to saying it doesn&#39;t make sense at all. (absurd)

Anyone knows a cheaper buy for it? [/b][/quote]
    My apologies, the post was not clear to those for whom English is not their first language. Indeed the majority of people for whom it is may have struggled.

Given the context and the syntax of the post it was really just a way of saying no sense. However No Sense is an absolute whereas little sense leaves it slightly open. I rarely deal in absolute truths and as such left the post slightly open.

Bottom line is, I entirely agree with you. Sorry for any confusion, entirely my fault.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@26 January 2004 - 19:00
    Given the context and the syntax of the post it was really just a way of saying no sense. However No Sense is an absolute whereas little sense leaves it slightly open. I rarely deal in absolute truths and as such left the post slightly open.

Bottom line is, I entirely agree with you. Sorry for any confusion, entirely my fault.
    Your philosophies make it more clear now No need to apologize nothing is under scrutiny. Perhaps, I misinterpreted.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+27 January 2004 - 03:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 27 January 2004 - 03:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by I.am@26 January 2004 - 23:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @26 January 2004 - 14:43
    That&#39;s what I said.

Anyone knows a cheaper buy for it?
    My apologies, the post was not clear to those for whom English is not their first language. Indeed the majority of people for whom it is may have struggled.

Bottom line is, I entirely agree with you. Sorry for any confusion, entirely my fault. [/b][/quote]
    Heh - Well it is known fact that many from the USA don&#39;t understand British irony and satire , but that&#39;s for another time in another place

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123