Thread: Urgent Pc Help

Hi,

Think i dloaded a virus but have got rid of it problem is
    everytime i try to access a program i get this message

restrictions
    The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer please contact system administrator

HELP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    n00b
    It looks like you do not have Administrator rights on your computer, which are needed to do what you want to do.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    internet.news
    Originally posted by reignofsound@25 January 2004 - 15:07
    Hi,

restrictions
    The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer please contact system administrator

HELP
    Which Opeartion System you are using? Windowx XP?

There might be administration problem. If you want to be 100%-sure there is no
    Virus, Norton Antivirus Professional 2003 with latest Virusdefinitions should help.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by internet.news+25 January 2004 - 10:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 25 January 2004 - 10:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-reignofsound@25 January 2004 - 15:07
    Hi,

restrictions

HELP
    Which Opeartion System you are using? Windowx XP?

There might be administration problem. If you want to be 100%-sure there is no
    Virus, Norton Antivirus Professional 2003 with latest Virusdefinitions should help. [/b][/quote]
    If he is on XP and dosn&#39;t have adminstative rights, then most likely he will not have rights to install new software. You may even need to reformat and make another Administrator.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Had to re install XP

Worm virus