Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To P2p Or Not To P2p?

Poster
    Vinkhuizen, Groningen, Nederland (the Netherlands)
    my download are around a speed of 2 i have also downloads of 29 and 50 tho

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    NTl? I'm using XP, but I only put it in a couple of weeks ago. The speeds were about the same with 98SE. The cable modem is new. Note that I said that I get really good speed, except with K-Lite.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Wocus, I've seen a lot of 2, also. In fact, I'm delerious if I see, say, 15. But I have occasionally seen 29 or 50, so it's not as if my system can't do it.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Try THIS.
    It really helps.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Ron, I do that routinely, with every DL

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Well, to be honest, I used to get only 50-60KB/s max.
    But eversince my ISP upgraded to 3Mb/s, I get a lot higher speeds on average.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by wizzandabe@2 March 2003 - 04:53
    when i mead not relibale  i maen you can get all you stuff you want like foir example photoshop is abot 120mb on kazaa. the actualt cd of photoshop is about 500mb so what do you think of that. all the fils been monified. what FTP can i use then i dont no any
    The difference in size is usually because its been compressed and everyone tries to compress it so its 56K friendly. And FTP's.... forget about it unless you know people, or you want to endlessly search for ones that actually stay up. Oh, and my speeds are decent. On average 60-70 KB/s but most of the time 80-100 KB/s.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Well I'm envious of the speeds everyone else gets. It'd be different if I were on 56K, but I'm not.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    everyone should use spybot and addaware to remove all the crap that internet sites leave on their pc each time you switch on. Use it two or three times a day and keep it updated, I have dial up and always get 6 with multiple sharers. Use the speed up tool as well as it works well, also the supreme being tool. Every little helps.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Besides KL. I really like Shareaza 1811 in conjunction with the website ShareLive.com.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast