Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Hobbes

Poster
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...45&#entry834133

Originally posted by hobbes
    Why ask the retarded boy his opinion, nobody cares
    Nobody hates the retarded boy, sympathy is more likely.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...ic=87753&st=15

watch the trees on the way down, parachute boy
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Sorry, my comments reflected the influence of Scotland as a global power and bore no relection on the intelligence of the individual Scot, nor expressed an ounce of hatred.

Some my consider the wording harsh, but consider that it came after much provacation. Again, like the locked thread, you are omitting the context.

From me:
    Why ask the retarded boy his opinion, nobody cares.

Now, I really don't mean that cruelly, but in the international stage, what influence does Scotland have? It is seen as a bunch of drunks wearing kilts and rioting at soccer matches.

Since my ancestors are Scottish, I know that is crap, but I am giving you the general opinion.

Nobody hates the retarded boy, sympathy is more likely.

I think the greater the international influence a country has, the greater the scrutiny and critcism. I will openly admit we have major faults politcally, no questions asked. I just want to be considered as a person, not lumped into some stereotype.

I thank you for linking the thread, I encourage everyone to read the entire content.

And don't forget this post: Ok, I admit defeat.

Hypocrite, no.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Hobbes responding to bigboab
    Yes, you did and it was bloody brilliant post. We are here to erase the limitations of geographic separation and come together as a global community, not to erect barriers along nationalistic lines.

The greatest perpetuator of prejudice is ignorance. Here we have a chance to know people from all over the world and discuss topics as people, one-on-one.
    This is a post a made, and he is attempting to distort a single post to characterize me as a hypocrite.

I let my record stand.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Sorry, my comments reflected the influence of Scotland as a global power and bore no relection on the intelligence of the individual Scot, nor expressed an ounce of hatred.

Some my consider the wording harsh, but consider that it came after much provacation.  Again, like the locked thread, you are omitting the context.
    so you consider "much provication" (e.g. a lively debate) to be sufficient grounds for comparing scotland to a retard?

And don't forget this post: Ok, I admit defeat.

Hypocrite, no.
    the defeat i was admitting was that scotland had little influence on the world stage
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    That was my point. Scotland has no influence on the world stage, I made an analogy.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@25 January 2004 - 21:49
    That was my point. Scotland has no influence on the world stage, I made an analogy.
    By comparing Scotland to a retarted boy?

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    This is my point:

We are here (on this forum) to erase the limitations of geographic separation and come together as a global community, not to erect barriers along nationalistic lines.

The greatest perpetuator of prejudice is ignorance. Here we have a chance to know people from all over the world and discuss topics as people, one-on-one.

I have no anger, disrespect, or agenda against our forum members from Scotland. With you being an open "nationalist", I see you as a hinderance.

I will let my record stand.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Take down the Union Jack, it clashes with the sunset
    And ask our Scottish neighbours if independence looks any good
    'Cos they just might understand how to take an abstract notion
    Of personal identity and turn it into nationhood
    Is this the 19th century that I'm watching on tv?
    The dear old Queen of England handing out those MBEs
    Member of the British Empire - that doesn't sound too good to me
    Billy Bragg.

A lot of people in the European community do not compare the Scottish to retards.
    Rather, slipping those English bonds and regaining independence is to be admired more than pitied.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by chalice@26 January 2004 - 09:49
    Take down the Union Jack, it clashes with the sunset
    And ask our Scottish neighbours if independence looks any good
    'Cos they just might understand how to take an abstract notion
    Of personal identity and turn it into nationhood
    Is this the 19th century that I'm watching on tv?
    The dear old Queen of England handing out those MBEs
    Member of the British Empire - that doesn't sound too good to me
    Billy Bragg.

I lot of people in the European community do not compare the Scottish to retards.
    Rather, slipping those English bonds and regaining independence is to be admired more than pitied.
    Chalice! The people of Scotland will get independence. It may take a while but the opportunity is there every time that there are elections to the Scottish Parliament.
    If the people of Scotland dont vote for it then it means that they do not want it at the present moment. I personally dont know why this is the case. But I will stand by their decision.

If the Republic of Ireland can survive as a nation, not just survive but prosper then I do not see why Scotland can not do the same. On this point I would love to see a United Ireland and see the whole island prosper as it deserves to do.

Britain at the moment has become the dumping ground of Europe. The sooner Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland 'get out' the better it will be for them in the long run. If this happens, hopefully it would wake up England and return her to the once great nation that she was.

The most recent 'European' decisison to dump neuclear waste in Scotland defies explanation. Here is one of the smallest countries in Europe and in their wisdom they have decided to dump this toxic waste in one of the most densely populated areas(As a whole) of Scotland.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Thanks for that BB.

Just another thrashing for the whipping boy is what it seems like to me. I'm surprised there's not more of a furore over that waste dumping issue.

We preserve and adore relics of hatred in the museums but our beautiful lands are there for the pissing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast