Thread: Processes

also anything else in here that shouldn't be??
    this is as soon as a load up my PC and don't open anything extra
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintas...ibrary/em_exec/

do you have anything like msn messenger plus?
    if not, msgplus.exe is possibly a worm. do you have an updated anti virus and/or anti trojan installed?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks 4th gen
    I do have messenger plus, but didn't know i had it to load on startup
    after going to msconfig in run though it's fixed, thanks

Kai
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@25 January 2004 - 15:54
    Thanks 4th gen
    I do have messenger plus, but didn't know i had it to load on startup
    after going to msconfig in run though it's fixed, thanks

Kai
    its better to delete the startup entry in the registry rather than using msconfig .

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run

delete the entry for msgplus there instead.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    http://www.blackviper.com/

he has a good list of services and what you can disable in services in xp/2k

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Do you also have a logitech mouse ???

EM_EXEC.EXE

Logitech MouseWare Tray icon program. This program displays a mouse icon in the System Tray. Right-clicking or double-clicking on the icon enables you to access the Control Panel Mouse properties or the MouseWare help.

Recommendation :
    Once they have set their mouse preferences, most users never go back to them unless the mouse is changed. This Tray icon is therefore superfluous and simply adds to the System Tray clutter for older Logitech mice, in which case you can disable this task (do not Delete) using The Ultimate Troubleshooter. With the more modern generations of Logitech mice, such as cordless optical mice, EM_EXEC is actually more than just a System Tray icon and disabling it will prevent the scroll wheel or some of the additional mouse buttons (middle and fourth when present) or features (eg. smartmove) from working properly; so you should leave it alone.