Thread: No Power To Video Problem

I was wondering if any of you could help me, when i turn my pc on the moniter only gets a signal about 40% of the time and i have to keep resetting till it does My first thoughts were my generic power supply was crap, so i fitted a new super flower 420w today but no luck. I have hardly anything running off it, no CD drives etc. I used to have a Geforce 2 400, but now i'm running off a old pci card until i can afford a nice new graphics card. Both have had the same problems. I was thinking it was possibly not in the pci slot properly, but its in as far as it will go. When the video doesn't come on there is no HDD activity either.

My specs are:
    Asus A7N8X Dx rev 2
    Athlon 2500+ @ 3200
    120gb Seagate SATA HD

any suggestions?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    maybe a faulty monitor cable? try with another monitor if you can. also check in bios, as there is an option of primary display insome.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    get a new agp controller... solves most issues

however, to be able to install the new controller (a new driver set) u need to be able to see the monitor first so...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    fixed it, would you believe it was caused by a case fan being plugged into the motherboard? i put it on a molex and it works perfect now