Thread: Things That I Downloaded?

Ok im going to changed my ISP to some crapper one which limits my bandwidth to 10GB download and 10GB upload.

My question is; -how can i tell how much did i download and upload?
    -what would happen if i fast the limit?

I appreciate if some one can answer my questions

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    DU Meter

if you go over the limit, they're start charging like mad. but they'll probably give you a leeway of at least 100MB i'm guessing

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by xxxSHARExxx@26 January 2004 - 11:49
    Ok  im going to changed my ISP to some crapper one which limits my bandwidth to 10GB download and 10GB upload.

My question is; -how can i tell how much did i download and upload?
                          -what would happen if i fast the limit?

I appreciate if some one can answer my questions
    If their going to be pricks and limit your download and upload everymonth then dont make that your responsiblity. Putting up with that crap would seem hard enough.

Call them up and tell them since you have no choice but to comply with their terms of the agreement then you should not have to download a third party app to check your bandwidth. They should make that info available to you at your discretion when you request it no matter how frequent that may be.

Just like cell phone companies generally tell you how many minutes you have left or make it available to you with ease.

You would be suprised how most of theese companies will grant your wishes if you just bring it to their attention accordingly. Thats because they know they are ripping you off.

You are the consumer, without you they would not exist.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'd check out their home page. my isp lets me see on a chart how much I'v used dayly by month to month. I worry more about my uploads . Share but watch how much your sharing. No movies or such . 10 gb is still a lot tho depending on if your sharing your connection with your Kids or not Mine is .50 cents per 100mb over

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Just out of curiosity: how much do they charge you ? (i hope you won't find this question too personnal)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by jobauer@31 January 2004 - 16:15
    Just out of curiosity: how much do they charge you ? (i hope you won't find this question too personnal)
    me? $34. Canadian a month only 10gb dl 5gb upload tho and xxxshare your complaining? Thats cable with 3 puters on a hub

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    ive got sympatico, i have a 5000mb dl limit a month, but they dont over charge.

i remember i dled about 10 screeners in a month and they didnt do nuttin

could it b cause im behind a router mabye?