Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cars Will Soon Run On Air

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+26 January 2004 - 22:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 26 January 2004 - 22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@26 January 2004 - 23:46
    Must be my in-built Scottishness that wants a car to look like showroom condition after 20 years and do 300 miles to the gallon.&nbsp;
    Hard wired frugality (not parsimoniousness obviously) does not a bad person make.

Like big arses, it&#39;s in your genes mate. [/b][/quote]
    So true, and as I was born in darkest Aberdeenshire what chance did I have?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@26 January 2004 - 22:39

We need Cars to use Gas.Money is all that matters to us.Yes maybe one day.But not in our Lifetime.
    Not so sure about that, depending on what you read oil production will peak in around 6 - 20 years, then it will take a permant slide due to the fact that while they may be new discoverys, they will not be any new Middle Easts or Texas&#39;s.

If the US or Anybody else is not prepared they&#39;ll only have themselves to blame

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    That is what FC is saying. As long as the oil industry is sleeping with the government, the "good ole boys" will milk all they can out of the petroleum derivatives.

As I see, it is this corruption which has lead to our need to even worry about Iraq and its oil today. We&#39;ve had about 25 years to recognize the need for alternative energy sources and what have we accomplished. Well,we all drive big penis hummers at zero mpg.

I would not be surprised if we invaded France "to liberate it&#39;s people from Chiracs tyranny" and ,oh by the way, destroying the "air fueled car".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by junkyardking@26 January 2004 - 23:25
    If the US or Anybody else is not prepared they&#39;ll only have themselves to blame
    The United States caught unprepared? Yeah, like THAT will ever happen...oh, wait...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@26 January 2004 - 20:55
    It sounds like an ordinary car. But it&#39;s not. In the South of France, inventor Guy Negre says he&#39;s developed a car that runs on air.

He says that no fuel is necessary to power the car that can travel at speeds close to 70-miles-per-hour. It&#39;s a whole lot of fresh air, driving an engine that Negre says is zero-polluting.

It&#39;s a radical concept that Negre says he&#39;s been developing since 1997, and he says he has more than 30 patents to protect his invention.

"The invention is in the engine. The invention is in the industrial process. ... This technology is based on a rotation system exploited by cars which use natural gas. It is used even by people who work with combustion fuel. Hydrogen under pressure systems and even the tanks of a fireman&#39;s air reserve are based on this technology," Negre says.

READ MORE
    My car runs on fresh air&#33;&#33; or so my wife thinks she never puts any petrol/gas in it
    Man U fer eva

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by hobbes@27 January 2004 - 00:19
    That is what FC is saying. As long as the oil industry is sleeping with the government, the "good ole boys" will milk all they can out of the petroleum derivatives.

As I see, it is this corruption which has lead to our need to even worry about Iraq and its oil today. We&#39;ve had about 25 years to recognize the need for alternative energy sources and what have we accomplished. Well,we all drive big penis hummers at zero mpg.

I would not be surprised if we invaded France "to liberate it&#39;s people from Chiracs tyranny" and ,oh by the way, destroying the "air fueled car".
    Son....there&#39;s only one thing you need to know

HEMI....can you say HEMI ?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by vidcc@26 January 2004 - 20:43
    Son....there&#39;s only one thing you need to know

HEMI....can you say HEMI ?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Poster
    atleast we can worry about one thing less... When petroleum is over, we have new energy alternatives, then over time, the air will clean up. I think this is ok... of course if we dont alter it too much, enough to lose control....

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    "Q: Where does the usable energy in compressed air come from?
    A: Compressed air energy is solar energy. It comes from the sun or any other source of atmospheric heat."

hehe, same goes for fossil fuels, but hey, who am I.

Air engines have the same basic problem as Hydrogen engines.
    It takes relatively more energy in then comes out.

For air engines you need to compress the air and for hydrogen you need to split water molecules.

Now this guy proposes an air injection (not compression) using a heatpump. All mighty fine but where does the heat come from? From compressed air he says, but where does that come from etc, etc...

I&#39;ve actually seen a working prototype working of this and it used a small hydrogen fuel cell (using methane) to maintain the heatpump.
    As far as I know that has the best energy coefficient ever achieved.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12