Thread: Will The Playstation 2 Play Kvcd Files?

if not what format should i burn the movies to make it play on the ps2

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    mpeg?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ok I think i'll answer this First off no video format that i know of will work on an unmodded ps2. So if its not modded don't even try. it won't work! If it is modded u can get it to play divx/avi file but that is with a swap method u will need to download the ps2 reality media player.
    heres a link that will explain it.
    http://www.geocities.com/x7r3m3_b0mb3r/ps2reality.html

hope that helps some...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yes, DVD-R will play on them I guess in mpeg 2 because my little had a bought a bootlegg movie on a dvd-r and it played they have no mod chip.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    PS2 plays DVD and as the dvds are in mpeg-2 i suppose it should play SVCDs too, though I dont have a clue as I dont own a ps2

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Gre1 Thats probably cause it's a newer ps2... the really new ps2s do support some video on dvd-r. but most people don't own a dvd burner yet and most ps2 owners have the older ones... So i guess if xbballplaya223x has a dvd burner and a new ps2 then its all good!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Newe versions of PS2 (SCPH50000 series) has a few new features like supporting DVD,DVD-R,DVD-RW,multi-region code,cooling fan noise reduced by 75%, etc.

With a Messiah 2 chip you can play DivX on your PS2.So, if you burn a DivX it'll play it (if it's modded)

Regards,
    - Dark Ride B)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ^ What he said lol