Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Do we need our own Movie Database

ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Excellent Idea!

But lately I have done the tour of other verified sites and most of them suck. We would need to insure we only do this if we can make it better than the others.

I suggest a team to figure it out prior to anything happening for real. I mean let's try some experiments first, work on the whole thing until we open it up for everyone.

Too much info is not always good and too little is worse. I suggest we work on this first then trial and error it until we are all satisfied.

First thing, I want this to be sorted and separated. DVD Screeners are not DVD rips and I would want that sorted out if possible. Maybe we have 3 sections; DVD Rips, DVD Screeners and Video Cpatures or Screencams. Something like that. I never post screeners, only true DVD rips and would want all to be able to first underastand the difference and then be able to view each kind separately.

All this can come to pass, so I agree with the idea of a verified site, just better than the rest. I think if we steal all of the best aspects of each of the existing sites we could have a hum-dinger of a site going in no time.

I look forward to hearing everyone's comments, and YES I am back.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    This is some very preliminary format based on combination/mix of above ideas
    I left out the pictures themselves ,just the URL (pages would otherwise take too long to load.

Bowling for Columbine
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0310793
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008DD...01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    codec :XviD (+sound AC3 !&#33
    screenformat :576 x 304
    Availability (>5) (meaning more than 5 sources spotted)

Excalibur
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0082348
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/63055581...01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    codec : DivX 3 Fast-Motion (+sound mp3)
    screenformat :632 x 400
    Availability (<5) (less than 5)

Eight-legged freaks
    edonkeylink
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0271367
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006JE...01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    codec :XviD (+sound mp3)
    availability (>10)

nb: Sharereactor.comsite is very slow now and will be closed march 6th

can&#39;t seem to get last quicklink to appear properly ,tried everything but see no syntaxerror?
    @sharedaddy :good to see you again

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Poster
    The way they set it up here, looks quite good and straight-forward. Just look at the individual collections (ed2k only, I&#39;m afraid).

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    Originally posted by jetje@2 March 2003 - 18:35
    No the topic can´t be edit by everyone, it will be a mess in no time.
    Why don&#39;t we just make a webpage with all the sigs on it? When a verified has been tested and it works then we can add to the page. The only way you can get to the page though is if you are a member of the forum.

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    jetje's Avatar former star
    think the big advantage to have it in here is the inter action that the forum can ad to the database.
    Like questions about the movies, codecs etc. A website never can have that. B)

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Why the big anti dvd screener issue sharedaddy?

For instance... Two towers isnt going to be out till may on dvd, nov for the extended version.

Yet there is a dvd screener out of TT already, which im sure tons of people would love to see before its possible to rip the dvd.

I have no issue with them. I plan on buying Two Towers:extended edition once it comes out, but for now, the screener is perfect for me.

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    I agree with Schmiggy_JK23 on that, don&#39;t wanna exclude them, but we need to give the right file info on it.
    Like DVDRip - DVDScreener....

It is nice for an up to dat database if we have the new releases people are lookin&#39; for in it. Almost everyone is lookin&#39; for quality screeners.

btw ad some examples in the example Database. to keep gettin&#39; inspiration.

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    Poster
    I have just thought of an idea.Is there anyway of when these movies have been entered into the database making it that when they start actually downloading in the &#39;artist&#39; tab it shows something like &#39;verified at www.klite.tk&#39;.
    This is done with some movies at www.fasttrackmovies.com,if you search for artist under that name you get quite a few.This would be a good way of advertising the site and spreading our films.I know that anyone could just change the artist name but chances are most wont.So what do you think?

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    Sure we could start with an alphanumerical Indexpage as Jetje suggests
    but to keep things managable should each nr. or letter than have its own page?
    (would eliminate hellof alot of scrolling)
    With the Imdb-&-Amazon-links I think its not necessary to add casts or biographies(yet)
    Extras can also be added in the general area and added to by everyone.
    Overall we must keep in mind that the ultimate format is to get a database
    and not a long list of collections <<those could just be archived?
    About the qualityissue I have no idea to approach that ,seems hard to judge
    objectively.(does the original ripper do that ,is it a well circulated movie seen and
    judged by many? :teehee:

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    yes good idea letter per topic/page..
    as you post an individual movie the data base links can direct to that specific post.
    So people can replie on the post of the verified telling about quality or ....
    without interfering the database but if people want they can check the topic with the verified for aditional info and questions about that movie. Check the test database to find out... B)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast