Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Os Do U Think Is The Best?

Poster
    I have Windows 2000 pro right now and i was wondering which is the best operating sytem in your opinion. Like which is the most stable, easiest, fastest, etc.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I've found windows XP to be the best overall. Very fast, hard to crash, a little tricky to configure, but worth the extra effort.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Moving this topic to General Problems and Questions, as it's not KaZaA Lite Related...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Although I am currently using 98SE, I would reccomend XP to anyone. I have used it a few times, waiting on new HD before I start using it myself

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    geprobert's Avatar Poster
    I too use Windows 2000, but I think overall I would *just* go for XP... but I'm put off by 'Product Activation' and stuff - if it still applies, I don't really know.

I do get annoyed with 2000 a bit - not being able to play certain games, video-conferencing wouldn't work with MSN messenger or Netmeeting, takes AGES to startup and shutdown... but it definitely has advantes over XP (at least as far as I can remember - I used XP for about 3 months).

The most off-putting thing was the lack of control. I was trying to get a b*st*rd Diamond SupraExpress V.92 modem working, and it was having huge problems - the CD that came with it didn't work. Anyway, trying to un-install and re-install devices with different drivers was infuriating - as XP kept doing the "Add new hardware wizard" in the background without even letting me cancel it. So I had to keep deleting the drivers each time.

But being fair, XP does grow on you! My feelings for wanted 98 back are slowly diminishing...!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I heard XP made it easier to get new updated drives and is easier but can get annoying. Also you can get Windows XP Pro Corprate and that uses a corprate key and no activation required so i guess i could find one of those.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    XP Pro.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    WinXP Pro. on an NTFS partition.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    LINUX!!! It's faster, more secure, and more stable than enything from microsoft.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Sid@26 February 2003 - 01:17
    LINUX!!! It's faster, more secure, and more stable than enything from microsoft.
    True but so much harder to get to grips with if uve used M$ all ur life.
    I'm running 98 but looking into dual booting with mandrake-if I can force myself to learn it!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast