Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Case Out Of Wood

its gonna look kinda like most cases, but its gonna be made from wood only, and have more spots for fans then you'd ever believe. plus this case is gonna be fricken huge. like clockers, only much wider, and possibly longer.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    make some crazy ass weird design out of wood or something man!
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    if i was any good at cutting wood and stuff i would make a super weird desigh, but for now im gonna have enough trouble just making the plans for everything, and finding the right wood. im thinking something hot like cherry, sealed with mineral oil so keep the heat from absorbing into the board. and im gonna take a lot of damn time doing this case. prolly gonna take me anywheres from 4-6 weeks. (im going to do this for a woodshop project for school.

well peace out ya'all. and im looking forward to questions/comments.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    I wiuld try to make it more so that it can handle the heat rather than just be a big bench...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    its not gonna be like super huge, huge, just bigger then you'd normally see a case, and its already gonna have plenty of ways for airflow (basically removing the heat) to come into and escape from the case, so im not worried about the heat issue anymore, now i just have to figure out plans for every single peace of board. im going to be making my own drive bays and everything like that. except for a motherboard tray, im going to use the current one from my case, so i dont have to take an hour or 2 extra just trying to figure out what all im gonna need for it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Have you thought about making it a desktop instead of a tower?? you could let the heat rise... less fans... or more fans!!! lol mobo laying on the bottom... heat going straight up... sound like plan to me!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    whoa a desktop would be even harder, and id have to use more fans that way (well at least with how id plan it). and i hate the look of desktops. towers rule.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    whoa a desktop would be even harder
    Dude your still making a box...

i hate the look of desktops. towers rule.
    Your choice i respect that, just making sure you look at all the options, of course this is your first case, and possibly your first big wood project your begger goal this time may just be to get the expierience of making stuff with wood... You might leave the more complex stuff for later...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    what do you mean desktop or tower?? whats the diff huh?

You could make the box but leave the top off...and have 3 big fans blowing the air straight up..and heat rises anyways
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    nah.. i perfer to keep the case closed, and by desktop i mean like the really old pcs always were, like a tower lying on its side. ive done a couple of big wood projects in the past, but nothing thats gonna require this much time and effort. remember im talking about a case made only of wood (except for the motherboard tray).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast