Thread: Dvd-r Burning

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    I've seen some dvd r release on sharereactor.com, but it seems that they are only a few ones and that none does include french language which would be great as I wanna watch those movie with my girl-friend with her DVD player.

I wonder if it's worth the price to buy a dvd burner for about 120 €, and get some dvd images from the internet.

Can someone answer this please?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    ummm?? Idont know what you mean!?

But I recommend you get a DVD burner.
    Also get one that burns + and - dvds

If you search your good ol pal google you should be able to find french dvds...

Well if your question was should I buy... yes I recommend you get one.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    "Edit"

I mean burning dvds like you can burn Avi & mpg files, which would result in getting a bin file or something from the web, burning it into a dvdr (not a cd), and so obtaining like a real copy of the original dvd with animated presentation interface, chapters ect... like in a normal dvd, and readable on a normal dvd player.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Proffesional Dumbass
    im getting some dvd files off mIRC

they are quite big (about 4 packs of 1.2gb)
    a good channel is on Efnet, #dvd_r, and if the movies are recent and popular most of them will have the option of playing in french or subtitled.

I should be finished downloading Steve-O Volume 3 tomorrow

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    What is "Mirc"
    Is it a bittorent torent or something?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by leonidas@27 January 2004 - 12:14
    "Edit"

I mean burning dvds like you can burn Avi & mpg files, which would result in getting a bin file or something from the web, burning it into a dvdr (not a cd), and so obtaining like a real copy of the original dvd with animated presentation interface, chapters ect... like in a normal dvd, and readable on a normal dvd player.
    If its a full dvd rip then it will contain the menus, suibtitiles and chapter info. However many dvdr images don't, they are just the movie files.

If you want to make copies of dvd movies and wouldnt mind paying a small monthly fee i'm sure you can join online dvd rental sites. I've joined one (in the UK) and pay £15 a month (they pay for postage both ways) and get 24 movies in that time. You can rip and copy a whole movie in about an hour, with all the menus, subtiltes etc.

p2p clients like bittorrent are good for new movies that arent out yet for hire.

I'm not sure if there are online dvd rental companies available where you are (the country), but they are a better option than spending many days downloading just one movie from the internet, unless its still in the cinemas .
    Robert00000

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Thanks, but I don't think such a service exists in France.

Moreover, I will get soon wether a 1024 or 2048 dsl connexion so it'll be ok downloading a whole dvd might take something like 5 hours.

My girlfriend also plan to rent dvds from the shop, and then copy them with the dvd burner. But then I'm affraid it won't work because of the anti copy-protection.

So "Mirc" is a bitoorent torrent right ?
    I ask this because I 've already try to use bittorent and didn't reach to, and now as I'm working all days, I don't have time to learn how to use it : .

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    bump!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by leonidas@27 January 2004 - 11:27
    So "Mirc" is a bitoorent torrent right ?
    I ask this because I 've already try to use bittorent and didn't reach to, and now as I'm working all days, I don't have time to learn how to use it : .
    this should answer your question.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=69650

mirc is not like bittorent, just incase you still are confused after the link.l

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    and dont worry bout copy protection of dvds from the rental shop - you can use a program called DVDShrink (googlit) and itll get rid of any nasties, and shrink it so that itll fit on a dvdR (not same size as a bought dvd)

for online, go to suprnova.org and theres a dvd-R section - they should generally include foreign langs i guess, but i havent ever got from them (not enough bandwidth to dl 4.7GB)
    <insert signature here>