Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Void Warranty When Ocing

Double Agent
    Originally posted by clocker+27 January 2004 - 14:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 27 January 2004 - 14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@27 January 2004 - 15:11
    i doubt they&#39;ll know if u cover ur tracks... eg turn back the settings in bios to default, setting the clock box (beside the cpu sucket) to default, and restall original os.
    What is the "clock box"?

And, if you&#39;ve just fried your board or chip, how do you propose that you get back into BIOS? [/b][/quote]
    well if that&#39;s the case it&#39;s quite obvious u oc&#39;ed ur chip or u didn&#39;t follow the instructions to properly de-static urself before u handle sensitive electronic circuitry. In any case u didn&#39;t handle it properly and it&#39;s ur fault and stores wont back their warrenty on that.

new boards or cpu just dont die like that

some boards, like gigabyte, has a bluebox with switches on it to change the multiplier of the cpu (but amd cpus are locked anyways so it&#39;s often left at default setting), it&#39;s often located beside the cpu socket.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Maybe if you reset the CMOS or something...haha
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Why would they even see the motherboard?

What happens if you send back just the CPU? I don&#39;t think they can know if it has been overclocked.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Double Agent
    i&#39;ve had experience sending stuff back and they do thorogh examation on the hardware.

if the item in question is not found to be faulted they&#39;ll charge u 20 dollars repair fee and u get to keep the stuff.

or they will exchange another one for u if found to be defective.

but they wont refund it, depends on what their refund policies are.

but most small computer stores tend to look at the stuff u brought back, to make sure ur not fucking with them.,

but big retail stores like costco, dell.... they dont give a shit

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@27 January 2004 - 19:12
    Why would they even see the motherboard?

What happens if you send back just the CPU? I don&#39;t think they can know if it has been overclocked.
    according to extremeoverclocking.com, they can&#39;t tell if it&#39;s oced. but usually a burned cpu means too much ocing. i&#39;m not gonaa burn anything. wiht the sp-94 and tornado, ha, good luck burning the cpu. lol. wat i&#39;m worried bout is the mobo and ram&#39;s warranties

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    I didn&#39;t read the thread the answer is yes&#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    To be honest i deal in this area as a dam technician at work, when it suits them. Even if you could see that it was overclocked & burned everything inside, it&#39;s our word againist yours, we can&#39;t prove that you did it, unless it has a warrenty sticker on the case & in that case you screwed no matter what, but if it doesn&#39;t plane sailing all i can say. If they ever say that you be tampering, denie all knowelge of it & say it&#39;s never been open & i want you to fix it in my warranty period or give me my MONEY BACK.

Sorted kidda

I never told you that

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    To be honest i deal in this area as a dam technician at work, when it suits them. Even if you could see that it was overclocked & burned everything inside, it&#39;s our word againist yours, we can&#39;t prove that you did it, unless it has a warrenty sticker on the case & in that case you screwed no matter what, but if it doesn&#39;t plane sailing all i can say. If they ever say that you be tampering, denie all knowelge of it & say it&#39;s never been open & i want you to fix it in my warranty period or give me my MONEY BACK.

Sorted kidda

I never told you that&nbsp;
    Are you the Opposit of Nick Burns the companies computer guy???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Maximus359@27 January 2004 - 22:06

Sorted kidda

I never told you that
    thanks a lot man. do u know anything bout asus mobos and their policies on ocing and warranties?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    thanks a lot man. do u know anything bout asus mobos and their policies on ocing and warranties?
    Abu did you kill your Mobo???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast