Thread: Artist Name Is A Heeeelp Please

ok. a while ago i updated my kazaa-lite, but when i opened it up, i realized almost all of my songs "Artist" had been chaned to "A" which is a big pain in the ass because i sort my songs by artist. Ive tried changing them all manually, but it is taking forever (i have over 1500 songs). is there some program, or special trick to get them to chenge back to the way they were??? PLEASE ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!! :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by purpleindika@28 January 2004 - 00:09
    ok. a while ago i updated my kazaa-lite, but when i opened it up, i realized almost all of my songs "Artist" had been chaned to "A" which is a big pain in the ass because i sort my songs by artist. Ive tried changing them all manually, but it is taking forever (i have over 1500 songs). is there some program, or special trick to get them to chenge back to the way they were??? PLEASE ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!! :helpsmile:
    this must be a bug!. try to chance back to the old k-lite and install the tools you need.

tools

kazaalite tools

or take the time to chance back the artist manually.

the songs or mp3 files is sorted by artist, album ETC
    it mey be easy to just move the songs to the artist and/or album where it belongs.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    hmmm, so there is no way i can batch edit them, or a program that wil do it for me?

4. File Sharing   -   #4

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Naked Nudist
    Well did you not know better that to take all of your shared files and cut and paste them in another folder while you upgraded or uninstalled. There is a topic somewhere for saving the DAT file that contians the integrety rating and comments that you can put into your new version on K-Lite but as far as it renaming your files thats your fault for not saving them to a different folder before changing verwions.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by DRACOJOE2@28 January 2004 - 01:29
    Well did you not know better that to take all of your shared files and cut and paste them in another folder while you upgraded or uninstalled. There is a topic somewhere for saving the DAT file that contians the integrety rating and comments that you can put into your new version on K-Lite but as far as it renaming your files thats your fault for not saving them to a different folder before changing verwions.
    i cant spell, but at least i try to help. and i dont care whos fault it is, when the damage is done there is no need to make it worse.....

when i sey this must be a bug.. i have done it to whitout this hapen. so maybe this is some kind of bug... or a new need?

i wold like to know if i can edit this file you talk about (DAT file that contians the integrety rating and comments) can i edit artist names and keywords ETC in this file?

whell i need to get back at my chess game...

now you can make some fun at my spelling to LOL !

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    this has nothing to do with the files or your shared folder, you info was in your db folder which you replaced when you upgraded, next time save your db folder and then after install replace the one there wiht the one you saved, i belive that does the trick