Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Royal Rumble 2004?

Anyone in here watch the rumble?
    Being in the U.K i was unable to watch it because i was not going to pay 14.99 to just be able to watch it and not be able to tape the big rumble. I might as well wait and get the video or dvd. My friend said Goldberg would win, but i said that he would not win because i suspected a smackdown star would, and my tip Benoit, who is constantly being screwed out of the title won it . I hope at wrestlemania there is some justice in the W.W.E and he finally wins the damn title. As for raw, why don't they just call it the TRIPLE H title, is he the only guy who has to have it there. It really is boring when he holds the title, he has had it so many times .

2. Lounge   -   #2
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I've stopped watching the WWE shows recently cos the plotlines are just getting silly again and the outcome of matches are too predictable (yes, I know its not real )
    I still watch the odd PPV though because my little brother pays for 'em.
    Why cant you tape the rumble? I'm sure my little bro has taped a PPv for me before but it was one of the daytime repeats. I'm hoping he taped this years rumble for me.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    In the U.K they always scramble the viewing so when you tape you just get an out of focus picture. You are right the plotlines are getting lame, but i watch because of stone cold for RAW, and Smackdown for the Undertaker, John cena, Chris Benoit, and of course Stephanie mcmahon. Paul Heyman sucks, boo boot him out.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    My little bro pays for the replays of the ppv's not the live ones so maybe there not scrambled (or they've changed it since the last one he paid out for)
    Paul Heyman was excellant as an owner back in the ECW days (his boys really worked) but know he seems to be taken for a mug by the WWE.
    He must be desperate for cash after ECW folded.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    There is no denying he was great in ECW, but on smackdown he sucks. But word has it the undertaker gong was at the rumblke, and manb do we need him back on Smackdown, so him, cena and Benoit can kick the now getting annoying Brock Lesnar's ass.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    The trouble with the WWE now is they have eliminated the other mainstream competitors (i.e. WCW, WWF/E supported Paul Heyman and ECW) so now they can get away with the drivel they churn out on a weekly basis. Being a wrestling fan for 13 years now I'm used to the dodgy storylines/gimmicks but its all about how you sell it.
    I trained with a UK independent fed for a while and learnt a bit about how the business works. Its mostly fake but if you cant sell it (be it a move or a storyline or gimmick) then you will lose your following. Being as most wrestling fans have nothing else to follow they/we will stick with whats widely avalible.
    Think back to the first "hell in a cell" match (In Your House 18: Badd Blood, Shawn Micheals vs. Undertaker, 1997)
    that was "pushing the envelope". Nowdays its just the same old, heavily gimmicked crap week in. week out.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    No I stopped watching wrestling when I was a kid.

I used to watch it with my great grandmother in South Carolina.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yes i agree with you. At least when ECW, WCW, and Wwe were apart their was a lot of variety and they were all out to out do each other. ECW at times made WWE and WCW look pale. But thank god dawn marie came in to the wwe from ecw, one major reason why i watched it.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    @Busyman. My great grandma (RIP) got me into wrestling too.
    I can still see her now. Mostly blind, totally deaf and still screaming at the telly (volume at full blast) on a saturday afternoon. Of course it was good old english wrestling on the telly in those days

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by namzuf9@28 January 2004 - 01:51
    @Busyman. My great grandma (RIP) got me into wrestling too.
    I can still see her now. Mostly blind, totally deaf and still screaming at the telly (volume at full blast) on a saturday afternoon. Of course it was good old english wrestling on the telly in those days
    Yeah your wrestling was probably real.

Ours is utter bullshit.
    I wouldn't watch a basketball game if I knew it was fixed and certainly wouldn't do the same for wrestling. It was entertaining when I believed it though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast