Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Does Anyone Know How To Uninstall...

  1. #1
    Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,882
    Does anyone know how to uninstall...
    ...LSX Mpeg codec?

    This is driving me NUTS! I didn't know I had the thing until it expired. Its a pain in the ass. I don't want it. I can't find an Uninstall" feature. I can't even find it listed in "Add/Remove Programs".


    Please help me...

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If your using XP go to Control Panel>>>Sound & Audio>>>Hardware Tab...
    Scroll down through the list to you come to Audio or Video codecs(Which ever the case may be) and click on properties..then remove the codecs you no longer need...

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Spindulik@28 January 2004 - 00:20
    Does anyone know how to uninstall...
    ...LSX Mpeg codec?

    This is driving me NUTS! I didn't know I had the thing until it expired. Its a pain in the ass. I don't want it. I can't find an Uninstall" feature. I can't even find it listed in "Add/Remove Programs".


    Please help me...
    goto 'My computer'
    right click on empty area
    properties
    hardware
    device manager
    sound, video and game controllers
    video codecs
    properties
    remove offending codec

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    'Java boys' is a quicker way

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,882
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker+27 January 2004 - 22:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AndrewBarker @ 27 January 2004 - 22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@28 January 2004 - 00:20
    Does anyone know how to uninstall...
    ...LSX Mpeg codec?

    This is driving me NUTS&#33; I didn&#39;t know I had the thing until it expired. Its a pain in the ass. I don&#39;t want it. I can&#39;t find an Uninstall" feature. I can&#39;t even find it listed in "Add/Remove Programs".


    Please help me... &nbsp;
    goto &#39;My computer&#39;
    right click on empty area
    properties
    hardware
    device manager
    sound, video and game controllers
    video codecs
    properties
    remove offending codec [/b][/quote]
    Thanks everyone&#33; I located the bugger.

    But everytime I delete it, it keeps coming back.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    You may need to delete the file from your system32 folder as well as another place(Registry)..give me a minute to install that mpeg codec and see for my self

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker+28 January 2004 - 02:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AndrewBarker @ 28 January 2004 - 02:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@28 January 2004 - 00:20
    Does anyone know how to uninstall...
    ...LSX Mpeg codec?

    This is driving me NUTS&#33; I didn&#39;t know I had the thing until it expired. Its a pain in the ass. I don&#39;t want it. I can&#39;t find an Uninstall" feature. I can&#39;t even find it listed in "Add/Remove Programs".


    Please help me... &nbsp;
    goto &#39;My computer&#39;
    right click on empty area
    properties
    hardware
    device manager
    sound, video and game controllers
    video codecs
    properties
    remove offending codec [/b][/quote]
    Do you like repeating people?...lol

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I wasn&#39;t repeating you java boy it just took me longer to figure it out and type

    anyway spindulik if you go here reinstall the demo, then uninstall, hopefully it should go away
    http://www.ligos.com/lsx_mpeg_demo.htm

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,882
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker@27 January 2004 - 22:40
    I wasn&#39;t repeating you java boy it just took me longer to figure it out and type

    anyway spindulik if you go here reinstall the demo, then uninstall, hopefully it should go away
    http://www.ligos.com/lsx_mpeg_demo.htm
    Yea, that sounds like a good idea. I hope it works.

    :helpsmile:

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •