Thread: Dvd Burners

jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    I need to buy a dvd burner, but i don't know anything about them but it has to be a good one i have $350 dlls, can anyone tell me which ones are good?

Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lot's of money to spend very Nice, personally i think it doesn't matter what make you buy as long as it is dual Burner +/- so which way the dam disc go, u ain't gonna fork out agian.

I have to DVD burners, the first i bought was of EBAY great buy £99 got me a Toshiba DVD-RW Yes a minus burner, 4 speed Write, 2.4 speed RW in DVD's & 24 speed write, 12 speed RW in Cd's. Made up

Then i bought meself the best buy in a computer ever & ever, A Sony PCV-RZ324 it was £1400 & i got it for £700 Bargain 50% of the retail price, i think me company i work for made a major Loss anyway that has a Sony DUAL writer, which is better, as some DVD player's only play one format which means you are screwed if you have only a + or -. Personally i work in the industry & think that - are going to win most manufactures are producing - player's for recording.

So if you have $350, then buy any Dual DVD RW +/-, cause if it breaks or f's up, then it doesn't piss ya off as much as you buy another one But it is nice to have a branded name.

Have a look on Ebay for some great deals

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    a friend told me about this one what do u think?

This one

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    it looks good, but a lot more expensive then the above posted one. its all up to how much ur willing on spending. id go with the sony i posted the link to.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Over all for the extra $35 you can't argure for the faster writer at all, cause i live in the UK, 4 speed write is the fastest you can buy, cause good old britian milks the crap out of you first before it brings the latest tech out on the market.

$35 dollars more 8x otherwise couple of months down the line you will kick ya self for buying the slower burner over the small difference

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Doesn't really seem worth it, the only format that burner will write at 8X is the DVD+R. DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW are all still 4X.