Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Will This Work? Custom Build

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    looks good...

youve got the essentials, now there are lots of accessories you should get...most important being case fans. 2 or 3 is good for good cooling of your computer. Then there are round ide cables which dont restrict airflow as much as regular ide cables.

oh and some artic silver to keep that cpu cool...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    two problems

ur going to be using a 350watt psu, when u should go with a 420watt+

and ur using pc2100 ram. get at least pc3200 running in dual channel. and id go with a better mobo, like the asus p4c800 deluxe. and i wouldnt go with a lcd montier if you plan on playing games, go with a nice 21" crt, like a veiwsonic one, or a samsung synmaster.

other then that everything looks alright.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@27 January 2004 - 21:14
    two problems

and ur using pc2100 ram. get at least pc3200 running in dual channel. and id go with a better mobo, like the asus p4c800 deluxe. and i wouldnt go with a lcd montier if you plan on playing games, go with a nice 21" crt, like a veiwsonic one, or a samsung synmaster.

other then that everything looks alright.
    Ok a 21"
    CRT it is

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@27 January 2004 - 21:13
    looks good...

youve got the essentials, now there are lots of accessories you should get...most important being case fans. 2 or 3 is good for good cooling of your computer. Then there are round ide cables which dont restrict airflow as much as regular ide cables.

Cooling System: 80mm Fan Rear(Standard) x2,Front(Optional) x2,Sidepanel(Optional) x1
    Is that good, it comes standard?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i wouldnt use the ram, but if ur pushing your money limit it'll work. how much are you willing to spend on this computer? and yeah that looks like a good moniter.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@27 January 2004 - 21:29
    i wouldnt use the ram, but if ur pushing your money limit it'll work. how much are you willing to spend on this computer? and yeah that looks like a good moniter.
    $2000 is the total for the whole comp. I am at around $1900 right now.

What ram should i go for? I want to buy it from newegg.com.

What do you mean by this? sorry

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Agent Smith+28 January 2004 - 00:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 28 January 2004 - 00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@27 January 2004 - 21:13
    looks good...

Cooling System: 80mm Fan Rear(Standard) x2,Front(Optional) x2,Sidepanel(Optional) x1
    Is that good, it comes standard? [/b][/quote]
    just buy another 1 or two fans, it comes with one but says that it has expansion for 4 more, so get in a few more fans, put one at the front and one on the side i guess, the front one should definately be intake though. rest can be exhaust

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+27 January 2004 - 21:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 &#064; 27 January 2004 - 21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@28 January 2004 - 00:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004
    @27 January 2004 - 21:13
    looks good...

Is that good, it comes standard?
    just buy another 1 or two fans, it comes with one but says that it has expansion for 4 more, so get in a few more fans, put one at the front and one on the side i guess, the front one should definately be intake though. rest can be exhaust [/b][/quote]
    Any fan will do? What should i look for?

2 of these

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....talog=62&depa=1

or this

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....talog=62&depa=1

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast