Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capturing Video

hey how do i capture online streaming video? i gota tv card and a video out on my video card if that means anythin.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    You need a program like HiNetRecorder,WMRecorder and I think one of the Winamp verisons does it too,not sure which one sorry.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    internet.news
    I have a Video Card as well (Pinnacle) - I only managed to rip Tapes as MPG so far.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by internet.news@25 January 2004 - 19:28
    I have a Video Card as well (Pinnacle) - I only managed to rip Tapes as MPG so far.

Capturing streaming online video has nothing to do with hardware (assuming your system specs are reasonable).

What is needed is what cwctv said - some software to record the streams.

You can of course, record from pc to vhs (or equivalent) with tv out of graphics card.
    Robert00000

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by internet.news@25 January 2004 - 19:28
    how do u do this? Ive tried but i cant do it? I got a Winfast PVR card.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    does anyone know how to do this? i just got normal rca cables.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    saving a "streaming" video off the 'net is a whole other matter from capturing. you just need to get hold of a program that is able to trick the stream server into letting you save the file to your hard drive. like cwctv said, HiNet Recorder, HiDownload, and certain other programs are able to do that. those programs essentially substitute for WMP, RealPlayer, etc-- it's just a software trick.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    thanks for the video capturing programs I got one and it works great. But with the VCR I just need to know how to physically connect it to my comp, i know how to capture it once its connected but i dont know how to connect the VCR to my computer. I got normal RCA cables. Thanks for all you help.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    internet.news
    Originally posted by shoutman@28 January 2004 - 03:29
    thanks for the video capturing programs I got one and it works great. But with the VCR I just need to know how to physically connect it to my comp, i know how to capture it once its connected but i dont know how to connect the VCR to my computer. I got normal RCA cables. Thanks for all you help.
    There should be adapter cables - look in your local shop

or on Amazon.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast