Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proxied?

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    How are you supposed to tell whether your proxied or not. I have a proxy in the settings of IE but I still can't work out whether its working or not. Is there any easy way to tell for sure and to tell whether its anonymous or not?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    here what ip addy does that give you the proxy or yours.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    My proxy I think. With the proxy or off it show the same IP only differing in the last set (its .10 with the proxy and .7 without). That scan also says "WARNING: Open ports found" which can't be good

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Well the IPconfig command in dos shows a completely different IP to the one that scan picked up so I don't know

I ran the shield up test as well to check for open ports but that said all the ports were stealthed and didn't seem to complain...

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    BANNED
    just because you have a proxy don't mean you are behind it

go here and from the left choose "test your ip" now do the test with java enabled and with java disabled.

you will see with java it will still get your real ip but without java it only sees the proxy

you should see two different ips when the proxy in on or off

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Originally posted by SeK612@28 January 2004 - 11:34
    Well the IPconfig command in dos shows a completely different IP to the one that scan picked up so I don't know

I ran the shield up test as well to check for open ports but that said all the ports were stealthed and didn't seem to complain...
    IPConfig only gives your local ip. Dont use your proxy and see your ip through 4play's link. Then use the proxy and check. Also muscleman has some good advice.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@28 January 2004 - 21:02
    just because you have a proxy don&#39;t mean you are behind it

go here and from the left choose "test your ip" now do the test with java enabled and with java disabled.

you will see with java it will still get your real ip but without java it only sees the proxy

Hello&#33;

Then what is the point to having a PROXY if you are still not protected with Java enabled?

Basically you cannot surf these days without Java so does this means that Proxys are crap?

Sincerely Joakim Agren&#33;

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Double Agent
    www.anonx.com

covers ur ass all around&#33;&#33;&#33;

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    h1
    Originally posted by Joakim Agren+28 January 2004 - 22:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joakim Agren @ 28 January 2004 - 22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@28 January 2004 - 21:02
    just because you have a proxy don&#39;t mean you are behind it

go here and from the left choose "test your ip"&nbsp; now do the test with java enabled and with java disabled.

Hello&#33;

Then what is the point to having a PROXY if you are still not protected with Java enabled?

Basically you cannot surf these days without Java so does this means that Proxys are crap? [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s Java, not JavaScript.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    BANNED
    right thax haxor41789,

@Joakim Agren you can disable java but keep the java script enabled and not no the difference and still stay anon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast